Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

Front amber side marker/turn signal mod

Has anyone done this on a hybrid so that the side marker flashes when the turn signal flashes? If so, how did you get to the turn signal wires and what color wire did you connect to on each side? TIA

Lighting systems have feedback provisions and are controlled through a smart junction box. That is why you can't just tap wires to add trailer lighting, etc.

You might be able to get a trailer wiring kit that is compatable with your system and wire the turn signal circuits to your market lamps. The kits are pretty expensive however.

Several Fusion owners on another forum have done this on Fusions older than the 2010 model. Is the 2010 different from earlier years? All that is done is to ground the marker lights to the turn signal power wire.

Doesn't sound right to me, but I don't have access to the wiring systems any more - just going by what I have read on the trailer light wiring requirements.

Let us know what you find.

I first saw this as "from the factory wiring" on a '71 Olds and I have done it on several cars since then. A owner on the other forum with a '07 Fusion says it has the SJB and he had no problems. If I can ever get to the front turn signal wires I'll give it a try and report back