smr2112

FFH Snow Report Needed

Hey, will the first of us to drive their FFH in any decent amount of

snow report in on how it did, tires, conditions, etc.

Somebody may have already have done this....

I we did not get a huge amount of snow, about 3 inches. By the time I got on the road it was all slippery slush. I traded a 2004 Ford Expedition for the Fusion so I am coming from an AWD/4WD truck with traction control, stability control, and 4-wheel disk ABS.

My FFH has the low RR tires. Overall I was impressed by the way the car handles in the crud. I had several ABS activations and had traction control activations. My philosophy is that I should get used to how they feel in the first weather event so I know what to expect and how the vehicle handles (unlike my wife who has the opposite philosophy :>)

When it is very slippery there seems to be some unusual interaction between the regenerative braking and the ABS but it didn't happen enough for me to get a real feel for what is different. Maybe the regenerative kicks off immediately when the ABS kicks in which also moves the vehicle from front wheel braking to four wheel braking... I'm not sure.

The traction was good and I didn't notice the horrible electric/ICE switchover problems that I have seen reported from other hybrids. Maybe it wasn't slippery enough.

The first experience in the foul weather was good as far as I am concerned. The car seems to have better weight distribution than other front wheel drive vehicles that I have had, which helps in the bad weather.

Anyone else have it out in the snow?

Jon

Hey, will the first of us to drive their FFH in any decent amount of

snow report in on how it did, tires, conditions, etc.

Somebody may have already have done this....