Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

Rear door sill protectors

My car came with the black front protectors,but none for the rear doors. I bought one protector Part # 6E5Z-5413208-A. I cut it in half and fitted it to the flat area of the rear sills. It has adhesive on the back. $18.67 at dealer.

My car came with the black front protectors,but none for the rear doors. I bought one protector Part # 6E5Z-5413208-A. I cut it in half and fitted it to the flat area of the rear sills. It has adhesive on the back. $18.67 at dealer.

/quote]

My new Fusion came with the passenger front side black sill guard missing so I

went back to the dealer and they gave me one to install.

But, it doesn't want to stick on the little end that sticks over the edge.

Did you have any trouble with your rear guards doing that?

I cleaned the surface well.

Thanks,

jasab2

/quote]

Thanks,

jasab2

I cleaned the surface several times with "rubbing alcohol" and installed them when the weather was hot and the surface was warm and had no trouble.

ame='jasab2' date='16 December 2009 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1261011631' post='18388']

I cleaned the surface several times with "rubbing alcohol" and installed them when the weather was hot and the surface was warm and had no trouble.

One of the small enigmas in life...why no rear sill pads?? I had Venture-Shield installed on the front of the car, so I asked the installer to cover the rear sills with the same material. At least it will protect the paint in that area.

One of the small enigmas in life...why no rear sill pads?? I had Venture-Shield installed on the front of the car, so I asked the installer to cover the rear sills with the same material. At least it will protect the paint in that area.

I did that on my previous white car. After about two years the clear material was turning yellow so I removed it.

/quote]

Thanks,

jasab2

I forgot to suggest that since the car is under warranty, get the dealer to install the protectors.

I did that on my previous white car. After about two years the clear material was turning yellow so I removed it.

I've had it on both of my Thunderbirds for nearly five years with no issues. There are so many different products out there, perhaps you ended up with an inferior one. I've heard of situations just like yours. The Venture Shield is guaranteed for life against discoloration.

I bought the front sill protector & cut it in half also. I picked one up while I had the car in for it's first service. When I asked the parts guy about it he didn't even have to look it up,he just went to the bin & got it. He said so many people were asking about it he keeps a couple in stock. I had trouble with the edge sticking down also so I used an old hair dryer on high to heat the roll over edge & it stuck fine.