Sign in to follow this  
jamgolf

10,000 mile report:

Jamgolf's narrative has got to be sweet redemption for Ford and encouragement to those who took a leap of faith to purchase the FFH. In my case it was the first domestic purchase in decades, and I can mirror the tone of the post with just 2900 miles.

I'll be the fourth here to admit to being completely pleased with my Mercury Milan Hybrid. I'm on my third tank of gas with over 1300 miles and have a long-term average of 40 mpg. The Milan replaced my Infiniti and once again, totally agree that this car could easily be badged as any of the upscale cars.

He could have gotten a Milan hybrid......

and yours don't look like a door stop :hysterical2:

Well they are only making 25k of each. If they want a mass market car they will need to lower the price.

It should be their goal to make a more affordable, mid size, high MPG car. That's where the market is headed. If they don't they will continue to loose market share and customers.

Haven't they been gaining in both market share and customers?

We have put on around 8000 miles on our FFH, Getting around 38.9 mpg. Mostly because my wife's drive to work is hilly and has lots of stops. Sync some times does not always work as good as we hopped (her contacts on her phone are all screwed up and some of the mp3's don't have all the tags it needs) We had some weird rattling nose in the dash board at around 5000 miles but it has now went away. The car also seems to squeak when getting in and out. (Im only 200 lbs) but that might just be because we park on a slope)

All in all though we are really happy with the car. Its about time to take her in for her first oil change and wheel rotation.

I just went car shopping with my friend and every car we got into felt like less of a car than our FFH. I told him to get a FFH but he said he didn't want to have the same car as me!! haha (he went with a 2010 prius) It will be nice to race him when it comes in!

Do you engage the parking brakes when you park on a slope? It took me a while to figure it out on my 2005 Focus, but I noticed that it also squeaked when getting in and out. I realized that it was from the parking brake as I also park on a slope. I parked one day without engaging the parking brake, and sure enough it didn't squeak.