Sign in to follow this  
Zack

Pulled a trigger yesterday

Hi there,

After seeing 2-3 dealers in Mississauga (Ontario) and surrounding area we went to Brampton Ford. This FFH is for my daughter and we got ice blue + leather + Sony + block heater. Total came to about 36400 dollars (CAD, remember). That thing ain't cheap.

We started at Ford then went to Toyota. Tried and priced out 2010 Prius with Touring package at about 37 thousand. My daughter liked how it rides, dash was kind of bit strange but worked fine. While driving salesman tried several times to force it into EV mode (Prius has buttons for that). We went about 60 kh/h (35 mph) and dropped speed to almost 10 mph and Prius still said "Excessive speed" and refused to go electric only. I still believe that 2010 Prius has best mileage and hope that FFH is not far behind. We left Toyota and drove to nearest Ford.

What we quickly learned that neither of dealer's will cut any pricing on hybrids. On gasoline cars yes but not on hybrids. Ford guy said that we are getting a factory discount already (Ford workers pricing) so there is no more. At the place where we finally bought it we got -300 bucks. Yes, that was it.

2 days before friend of mine bought new Civic Hybrid and negotiated price from 30k to 28k (WTF??). I was tempted to repeat his stunt with copy of his invoice and get Givic as well. Read all I could find about Civic and learned that electric motor there is 20 HP only. I don't know what they did with it but it has excellent mileage, around 50 mpg or tad more.

Still FFH won our hearts. It is also thanks to this forum and posts I read. I am sucker for gadgets and FFH is stronger in that department than Prius or Civic. Anyway, now it's waiting time and it will take 7-8 weeks to get FFH. Will use that time to sell BMW 530i we have. 2003, 105000km (about 65k miles). Nobody wanted it for trade in. Toyota and Ford offered miserable 10 grand for it.

Right, thank you.

I wanted her to take NAV but she said that she will never use it so it's waste of money. I would ...

I like the car, I think it is best design Ford ever came up with and I am sure that when oil goes above 100 bucks people will buy FFH like crazy. Only thing I a\m afraid of is reliability. So far we had Japanese cars and BMW so never had any problems with any of them. Toyota dealer played that tune and highest resale value. If you look at Consumers Reporting he is right. All red dots there for Prius. However by visiting http://priuschat.com I learned that you simply can't trust those people. They would not report anything bad about that car and jump on everyone who dares to do so.

I need realistic comments not fanatics.

If you got A-plan pricing (Ford employees) then that was several thousand dollars below dealer invoice - there is no better deal to be had. If it was X plan then that's still close to dealer invoice and a few thousand off MSRP - still a great deal on a hybrid right now. Either way you wouldn't get anywhere near that much of a discount on any other hybrid.

OK, if it is what you say than it wasn't that bad. Employee discount was in range of about 3000 bucks. Toyota guy was also using only MSRP when quoting a car.

I am sorry that there is no tan option for interior but had to take boring gray.

Something to note, that the FFH can do up to 72km/h in EV Mode, where prius is stuck at about 43km/h. I think you made the right choice, I know I did when comparing Hybrid vehicles. Congrats on purchase.