Sign in to follow this  
Zacher

How to Train your Tire Monitor - found by accident...

So there I am sitting in my new FFH with my buddy who likes to push and prod buttons. Well we are sitting there discussing the car when he decides to play w/ the Hazards Light button. Ends up pressing it hree times, on, off, on off, on off and all of a sudden Horn sounds once and Dash reports "train left front tire". I'm like what the.... So I turned the car off, and the horn sounds twice. We where able to repeat this, so I guess I stumbled upon one of the maintenance "codes". Remember the ole' turn the car to Ignition three times press the gas peddle etc.

Just thought I'd share the wierd story.

I'm sure there are plenty of codes embedded in the switches. I once had a 1990-ish Infiniti with an unusually detailed owners manual that specified different test modes run by various switch manipulations.

More recent was a BMW with NAV system that could display GPS sensor data and, intriguingly, graphic yaw-rate sensor display for stability control.

Anybody know what goodies we can coaxe from the FFH equipped with NAV screen??

So there I am sitting in my new FFH with my buddy who likes to push and prod buttons. Well we are sitting there discussing the car when he decides to play w/ the Hazards Light button. Ends up pressing it hree times, on, off, on off, on off and all of a sudden Horn sounds once and Dash reports "train left front tire". I'm like what the.... So I turned the car off, and the horn sounds twice. We where able to repeat this, so I guess I stumbled upon one of the maintenance "codes". Remember the ole' turn the car to Ignition three times press the gas peddle etc.

Just thought I'd share the wierd story.

Over on fordfusionclub.com Fatabbot has posted the procedure for training the tires. It works on 2010 vehicles but remember that the TPMS is located on the valve stem this year, so point the tool at the valve stem, not 180 degrees from it.

I like the compass calibration instructions :(

per the book :

1. Start the vehicle. (?)

2. To calibrate, press and hold the 7

and 9 radio preset buttons together

for approximately 10 seconds until

CAL appears. Release the buttons.

3. Slowly drive the vehicle in a

circle (less than 3 mph [5 km/h])

until the CAL display changes to the

direction value (N, S, E, W, etc.). It

may take up to five circles to