FFHdriver

trunk cargo net for'10 FFH

Dealer says according to his parts computer a net will fit the FF but not the FFH. Can anyone verify? TIA

The net I bought fit just fine. Ordered it through Ford's website & picked it up at the dealer.

The net I bought fit just fine. Ordered it through Ford's website & picked it up at the dealer.

Is your's a 2010 hybrid?

Is your's a 2010 hybrid?

I have the net and it fits, you have to do a very minor mod to the the carpeting surrounding

the tie-downs so they screw all the way on, but it's perfectly fine in the 2010 FFH.

I have the net and it fits, you have to do a very minor mod to the the carpeting surrounding

the tie-downs so they screw all the way on, but it's perfectly fine in the 2010 FFH.

Could you please explain what was done? Are the threaded holes there to screw the tie-downs into? TIA

Could you please explain what was done? Are the threaded holes there to screw the tie-downs into? TIA

There is a threaded screw stud there that has some plastic caps on it, you remove them and use the "T" shaped

tie down on both sides that they supply with the net.

You have to take a mat knife, and cut a 1/2" star shape (4-6 slits) in the carpeting that surrounds the screw there.

Fold away the carpeting and expose the screw fully. Then you screw on the tie down posts they give onto the fully

exposed screw. Their tie down doesn't grab fully with the carpeting in the way, so by opening it up, you can

push it on further and it grabs. Very easy to do - if that makes sense.

See i have the 2010 Fusion Sport and the screws seems to be too small for the hooks that you screw on. The hooks are bigger and u put them on and they do not tighten. Even the dealership tried putting them on and they even said they dont fit. I had to get a refund for the net and they told me to wait a little to see if they change the style a bit for the 2010. I also called ford up and asked them and they said theres a possiblity that in a while a new net may be made. sucks cause I really want and need the cargo net.

It should fit fine, here are the instructions attached, look at 2nd page with the knife and the slits.

I know, the instructions suck, but they are accurate.

For reference, you can find the installation instructions for most items here:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do

sk_6e5j_5446046_aa_all.pdf

actually as much as it should work they dont lol. like i said even the dealership, the guy in parts and service tried to put them and said the T shape hooks cannot screw on for some reason, that they are too big. So they gave me a refund and they told me they are going to look at this further about the 2010 models. I also called ford and they said that because its 2010 that they will look into the adjustments

the T shape hooks cannot screw on for some reason, that they are too big.

It sounds like you might be making the same mistake I did when I got my cargo net. There is a bolt on each side of the trunk with a plastic cap sticking through the carpet, pointing in towards the center of the trunk. Those aren't the ones you want, as you discovered those bolts are too small for the anchor. The bolts you want are buried under the carpet, they're attached to the back of the tail lights and point towards the front of the car. You have to cut the carpet to get them to stick through so you can attach the anchors for the net.

I went to check what you had described and i found those screws but to me its soo odd why its there? So now im curious..what are the other screws for that are located on the sides of the trunk facing each other? I totally would only assume for the cargo net.