Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

You won't believe this

Got my new FFH on 8/24. Noticed 8/26, 285 miles, that the "eye" on the 12v battery top was red. Took it to the dealer and today 8/27 they installed a new battery to repace the defective one. The new battery was made in Mexico. Hope this isn't an indication of things to come. Love the car. Got it up to 39.1 on a trip today.

Got my new FFH on 8/24. Noticed 8/26, 285 miles, that the "eye" on the 12v battery top was red. Took it to the dealer and today 8/27 they installed a new battery to repace the defective one. The new battery was made in Mexico. Hope this isn't an indication of things to come. Love the car. Got it up to 39.1 on a trip today.

I have a 2010 SEL, not the FFH, and had a 2006 SEL for three plus years with 72,000 miles. I have never had the car in for any warranty or mechanical issues (just oil, tires and brakes), so I think the Fuze is the best most reliable car ever. I think the dealer is providing excellent service to you if they just change out the battery no questions asked. I know they should do that, but so many non-Ford dealers fight you on every issue, I'd be happy with your service so far.

Good luck with your FFH - and welcome to the Fusion owners! If you read the various boards on Fusions, you'll find we are a satisfied lot with only minor problems. Consumers Reports thinks Fusions are reliable, too, so don't worry.

A couple years ago I had to replace the 12v battery in my Honda so went to Walmart & got a battery with a Made in Mexico sticker on top of it, looks kinda funny under the hood of my Japanese car ... more to the point, did (does) the FFH loose its memory (for lack of a better term) when the 12v battery is disconnected ? (i.e compass calibration radio presets etc.)

A couple years ago I had to replace the 12v battery in my Honda so went to Walmart & got a battery with a Made in Mexico sticker on top of it, looks kinda funny under the hood of my Japanese car ... more to the point, did (does) the FFH loose its memory (for lack of a better term) when the 12v battery is disconnected ? (i.e compass calibration radio presets etc.)

Had to reset the clock, radio presets were fine ( tech may have reset them?), compass works fine. See page 279 in owners manual for the procedure to teach the car it has a new battery. Can't tell any differences in operation so the car must have been a good pupil.

Had to reset the clock, radio presets were fine ( tech may have reset them?), compass works fine. See page 279 in owners manual for the procedure to teach the car it has a new battery. Can't tell any differences in operation so the car must have been a good pupil.

Most fairly new cars have a 9 volt battery plug to place a simple 9 volt radio battery to maintain your settings while you replace a battery. It can be placed into any interior cigar or accy plug port.