Sign in to follow this  
Deathlok

So how does weather/Sports/gas/restaurants work? Do you pay a monthly fee?

SO, I was wondering, how does the SYNC APPLICATION - TRAFFIC, DIRECTIONS AND INFORMATION system work? I have seen the TV ads & stuff on youtube. But a salesman here in Canada told me those do not work in Canada? Is this right?

Do you need a cell phone to get the weather/sports/traffic reports/restaurants/gas stations thing to work?

Do you pay an extra monthly fee? I would imagine this all works through some sort of satellite system.

SO, I was wondering, how does the SYNC APPLICATION - TRAFFIC, DIRECTIONS AND INFORMATION system work? I have seen the TV ads & stuff on youtube. But a salesman here in Canada told me those do not work in Canada? Is this right?

Do you need a cell phone to get the weather/sports/traffic reports/restaurants/gas stations thing to work?

Do you pay an extra monthly fee? I would imagine this all works through some sort of satellite system.

SYNC is SYNC and permanenty free in your car.

"2010 Fusion offers all the great features of the available voice-activated Ford SYNC® System* -- plus two new features: 911 Assist™ and Vehicle Health Report. With SYNC you can access your music collection on your MP3 player by genre, album, artist or song title and operate your Bluetooth®-enabled phone with simple voice commands. You can even make music selections through your flash drive by voice command. SYNC gets a major system upgrade with the addition of 911 Assist. Within seconds after airbag deployment, SYNC uses your cell phone connection you programmed into the system to make a call to a local 911 emergency operator. A pre-recorded message will then play when the call is answered, and you’ll be able to communicate with the 911 operator.† Along with 911 Assist™, SYNC will offer a Vehicle Health Report feature. SYNC gathers information from the vehicle’s control modules and transmits it through the cell phone connection you programmed into the system to Ford by way of an 800-number. You can receive these health reports free of charge by e-mail or text-message alerts. SYNC is optional in Fusion SE; standard in Fusion SEL and Sport models and also in the Fusion Hybrid ".

"Travellink" is seperate fron SYNC

TRAFFIC, SCORES, GAS AND MOVIES: You only get a free 6 month subscription when you buy your car with NAVIGATION. After that is is a monthly or annual (your choice) subscription service that will cost you $5.99 a month plus the requirement to maintain at least a basic SERIUS subscription service too (Music etc.). I don't know about availability or service in Canada though but here's the link so you should be able to figure it out yourself. It is Satellite radio services, no phone required. Hope this helps answer your question. I know this all functions with the NAV screen but I am unsure and doubtful it will function without one. (I honestly think you need the NAV screen to use these features and services.)

http://www.sirius.com/travellink

If that doesn't answer your question adequately, you can try here instead:

http://www.fordsyncforum.com/

This has got to be SYNC at it's WORST! (It couldn't get any worse.)

Hysterical!! :hysterical2: :hysterical:

This is horrible! I hope they offer this service in Canada! I intend to keep the sub to Sirius once the freebie expires. I would like all the information/weather/traffic info too.