dukescotts

reverse sensor

Just got a 2010 Fusion SEL. It has the reverse sensing feature which was nice until I put my bike rack on the back. Now, it thinks there's something immediately behind me and starts screaming every time I put it into reverse.

I thought I could turn off the sensor using the settings but that only seems to turn it off until the next time and then it's right back to on.

I'm guessing I could probably have the dealer permanently turn it off. Anyone know if it's possible to make it so that turning it off using the settings keeps it off until I turn it back on?

Thanks.

2. Press RESET to turn the rear

park assist off. When R (Reverse)

gear is selected, PARK AID OFF will be displayed.

If that still doesn't keep it off, then i suppose you'd have to get the dealership to do it :S

Yeah, unfortunately, that only seems to turn it off until the next time you put it in reverse.

Yeah, unfortunately, that only seems to turn it off until the next time you put it in reverse.

If it only turns it "off" until the next time you put it in reverse, then this re-programming or whatever you want to call it isn't working at all, I guess. Sounds like a job for your dealer, especially since the system is malfunctioning.

Is there a seperate fuse you could pull? Or a harness you could undo in the bumper cover from underneath the car?