Sign in to follow this  
rfruth

bicycle transport

Anyone transported an adult bicycle on the floorboard / backseat (with old bedsheet (helps keep the car clean) & front wheel removed - is the FFH wide enough ? (if one bike ok can do two ((sans pedals)) but hatchback is same (no pedals) so its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other)

Anyone transported an adult bicycle on the floorboard / backseat (with old bedsheet (helps keep the car clean) & front wheel removed - is the FFH wide enough ? (if one bike ok can do two ((sans pedals)) but hatchback is same (no pedals) so its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other)

The simple solution is to have a frame mounted trailer hitch installed and your Ford dealer can do this. Frame mounted trailer hitches are easy to find for any Fusion. From there you need a hitch mounted bicycle rack and "Bob's your uncle!"

http://www.yakima.com/racks/bike/

I have a Bob coz trailer so bob is my uncle :) - anyway a hitch mounted carrier would be ideal but wonder how Ford would feel about adding a trailer hitch to a hybrid, might it void my warranty ?

I added Thule bars and rack to my Fusion. The Aero bars and the silver colored fork mount look best. I have since also added the fairlead which has eliminated all the whisling excess noise.

I drove 5 hours home this weekend with 1 bike on the roof and averaged just under 37 MPG. Not bad.

post-4202-1249399206_thumb.jpg

Nice ride(s) - they look good together ! But I don't trust a roof rack (okay its not the roof rack I don't trust ...) :rant: