sward445

Vent shades

I need to get some vent shades, rain guards for my fusion, when it is raining hard I notice that the rain leaks from the top of the window directly onto the armrest with the window slightly down, anyone have a good reccomendation. i would prefer a light smoke color

Do those weather tech's go in the window slot? I personally don't like the vent visors that stick in that spot... After all you need to have the window rolled up for like a whole day to ensure that they stick in there....

Why not go to your ford dealer and get the Ford ones? I've used them in the past and they give you both front and back in smoke color as requested.

No problems with them that I've ever had... Though the ford ones stick on the outside with the 3M adhesive tape (which as never produced a problem wtih my clearcoats in the many years I've used them.

It's up to you and really boils down to what ever you prefer to use the most.

Does anyone have a picture of their ventvisors on a 2010 model year?

I have them purchased and dont' know if I want to install them right out of the box in smoke color, or if I want to get them painted likeI had in previous editions... However with the middle of the 2010 it has a black molding, which I think would show the painted vent visors alot... So I'm just looking for what it may look like on thier cars..

Thanks!

Why not go to your ford dealer and get the Ford ones? I've used them in the past and they give you both front and back in smoke color as requested.

I've used weathertech vent shades for years. Only issue I ever really had was that when I used them on my 2007 TCH, the window on the passenger side sounded like it was working harder to go up and down near the full up position. The window did fully close, but I didn't like how the motor sounded. On the other vehicles I have owned, or do currently own, F-150 and multiple Explorers, operation was flawless, and my wife and I loved them. But I haven't yet purchased these for my FFH. I plan to before fall starts.

Uuurgh, I had channel vent shades in my F-150 and they were horrible. Whenever I rolled the window all the way down and then come up, the window would catch the lip of the shade and snap it. Plus the channel in the truck was a felt-like material so the adhesive was useless. I would prefer the outside mounted ones all day. Less risk.

I would avoid the Weathertechs. I have them on my Escape and besides not being smoke colored enough are not great quality but they are at a premium price. Anyway, I wouldn't buy that brand again ever. For floor mats or floor liners yes, but for vent visors no. Remember too that adding vent visors will likely create some wind noice and turbulence that you may hear. Plus my wife says that vent visors are definitely Sr. citizen.

I don't know if I myself will get them for my new planned Fusion but it is nice to leave the windows cracked in the summer without worrying about rain.

I would avoid the Weathertechs. Plus my wife says that vent visors are definitely Sr. citizen.

lol @your wife's comment. I think the same thing... I made sure I got the sunroof so I could leave it popped up in the back for ventilation. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference though. It's like getting into an oven at the end of the day. Cools off a lot faster than my truck though.