Sign in to follow this  
bauckman

Factory Sirius Radio sounds bad

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with a factory sync radio with factory installed Sirius radio. The CD, FM, and iPod sounds great, but the Sirius sounds like a bad mp3 (bad compression). Anyone else have this problem? Any fix. I still haven't call the dealership yet, but soon.

Thanks!

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with a factory sync radio with factory installed Sirius radio. The CD, FM, and iPod sounds great, but the Sirius sounds like a bad mp3 (bad compression). Anyone else have this problem? Any fix. I still haven't call the dealership yet, but soon.

Thanks!

Is this a recent issue that you are noticing? As it coudl be an issue that Sirius is having with thier satellites... It may be worth questioning Sirius, as well as a dealer, because their could be a problem with that end or the conversion over a combined Sirius/XM Nation.

I've not heard of anyone else complain about this... So I would think that it may be specific to your area... Such as you're not getting a true satellite connection and using the terrestrial connection (repeating ground antenna's) which could be over-extending and distorting the signal!

That is inded strange! And thus Sirius may know about this problem in your area, or atleast be able to give you some sort of compensation for your bad reception!

Sat radio never sounds as good as a regular FM or especially a CD. I will say that it sounds a lot better in my Fusion than my wife's 300 Touring. I am thinking the newer satelite radios do better. Both cars have best sound option from the factory.

The other thing that I am wondering here is if the Sirius Satellite radio's installed on some of these vehicles aren't caching enough data... so when you get into a really rough section of recieval that you start getting bad data reception and it can't recover.... thus making the sounds terrible..

The other thing that I am wondering here is if the Sirius Satellite radio's installed on some of these vehicles aren't caching enough data... so when you get into a really rough section of recieval that you start getting bad data reception and it can't recover.... thus making the sounds terrible..

yeah i have a have a 2010 fusion and whenever i go under an overpass, not a huge one the signal will go out for a second or two and some stations sound tinny

Mine sounds pretty bad. Ipod/FM/CD sounds pretty good for the 6 speaker system. The Sirius sounds super compressed and tinny...Sad when FM sounds better. Going to take it in to the dealer...otherwise there is no way I would pay for it. I've heard it in other cars, and it always sounded pretty good...hoping it's something easy for them to fix.

Mine sounds pretty bad. Ipod/FM/CD sounds pretty good for the 6 speaker system. The Sirius sounds super compressed and tinny...Sad when FM sounds better. Going to take it in to the dealer...otherwise there is no way I would pay for it. I've heard it in other cars, and it always sounded pretty good...hoping it's something easy for them to fix.

I have a new 2010 with stock 6 speaker setup, and i agree it does sound muffled. Let us know what the dealer says or if there is a fix. I am thinking of changing out the speakers for higher end ones.

Sirius is a little better than AM, and not as good as FM. their programming does suck as someone above stated also. I get bored with it before the 6 months is up every time. I did listen to it driving to Kentucky from Colorado though.

So it seems that we agree: tinny, compression related, and it is Sirius (not the FFH 2010 Sony sound system). I especially mind it on the Sinatra station, 40s on 4, and Real Jazz - any piece that has a big band with screaming trumpets.

Do we have any remedy from Ford or Sirius?

Thanks... Tim

So it seems that we agree: tinny, compression related, and it is Sirius (not the FFH 2010 Sony sound system). I especially mind it on the Sinatra station, 40s on 4, and Real Jazz - any piece that has a big band with screaming trumpets.

Do we have any remedy from Ford or Sirius?

Thanks... Tim

There's nothing they can do...It's a bandwidth issue. I spoke with technical support from Sirius, and they said "3 million subscribers like it, so we don;t see a problem with it". They only care about $$$.