Sign in to follow this  
thecroh

Had power to waterpump, now don't, no blown fuses

I changed the water pump on my 2015 ffh and was having issues with the plugin/ connector.  I cut the wires to replace the connector and while striping them, they arked. Key was off. Now there's no voltage and no blown fuses that i can see.  Any ideas?

Did you remember to unplug the HV at the traction battery before working on the water pump?

On 8/26/2024 at 7:20 PM, thecroh said:

I changed the water pump on my 2015 ffh and was having issues with the plugin/ connector.  I cut the wires to replace the connector and while striping them, they arked. Key was off. Now there's no voltage and no blown fuses that i can see.  Any ideas?

Probably blew the 50 amp or 15 amp fuse under the hood. The 50 amp is hot all the time, so it doesn't matter if the key was off. 

Real bad idea cutting wires. Could have also fried the engine computer as one of the circuits is also in that connector. 

If you don't splice in the wires properly, you will end up wire corrosion which shows up later. 

At least disconnect the battery next time

Edited by billford