mylx5oh

Hvac controlls

Yea thats what i figured, but it is technicaly possible?

From what it looks like, yes. I found the ETAC w/o Heated Seats option, and I know there is a Temp Senor needed. On the back of the Electronic one, is a orange socket, and a white socket. The Manual SE trim has the orange socket w/ the voltage regulator on the back for speed control. What I would like to konw is if the white socket is for the temp senor portion. If so, then it shouldn't be a problem to swap. A sensor is pretty cheap at Fordparts.com (10 bucks). Anyone able to confirm?

Boy was I mistaken. Yeah, there is definately more to it than just the module. Not only is a harness missing, but you would have to change the the harness connector into the blower motor and its speed controller.

The electronic automatic temperature control module needs inputs from not only an ambient temperature sensor and in car sensor, but it also needs input from the sensor for the auto headlamps, which would be located in the middle of the front defroster grille. You would need to purchase this sensor because the electronic AC needs this to gauge solar input into the cabin! If you want, you could drill a hole into the existing grille, or purchase the specific defroster grille with the light sensor socket. So you would need to either buy the harness, or create your own, and then modify the blowers connectors from manual speed control. Then buy 3 addtional sensors. Its just not feasable after looking through the wiring diagrams and service manual #2. I bought an EATC on ebay for 50 bucks and I wont be able to use it! :banghead: At least I bought it for only 50 bucks........hope this helps.

Why bother? I have the automatic climate control in my SEL and I find myself overriding it a lot. Manual operation is better, IMHO.

It doesn't always do what I want it to do. Maybe I need to RTFM? That's probably it.