Sign in to follow this  
bizzyb0nes

Door Panel Vibration?

I found my 08 V6 Sport to exhibit a buzz sound/mild virbration over rough roads on the drivers side door panel. I finally diagnosed it to be the window lock switch. If I hold my finger on it, the noise goes away. Im going to take the switch plate off and see if I can insulate it with some rubber.

I've cured this problem in my 2007 Fusion. The door rattle eminates from the window-switch unit in the door panel. The actual window-switch unit is clipped into another plastic chassis that houses the window lock-out, window, and mirror controls. This is the the plastic chassis that you grab when you open and close the door. To cure the problem you will need to wrap the actual window-switch unit to the chassis more securely. Start by removing the plastic chassis from the door panel. You need a size 7mm socket to remove the screw inside the handle pocket. Pull up on the plastic housing and slide towards the left to undo the clip near the mirror control knob. The chassis should lift directly out. You can leave the switches plugged-in. Simply take small strips of electrical tape and pull the sides of the plastic chassis tighter to the actual window-switch unit. Do this in several areas around the chassis and switch and you have your cure for the terribly annoying door rattle. I couldn't believe that such a small plastic clipping method would make such an annoying rattle. Thanks for following the long reply.

I found that removing the window switch assy, and placing a piece of foam between it, and the bracket it screws to, does the trick as well. Helps absorb the vibs. But MPLS idea above sounds "sound" to me! :beerchug: