123omari123

questions about Ford Fusion Hybrid 2017+

Hi,

I have several questions about FFH 2017+ , It's my first post , I am going to be FFH and need some info, I have read about my questions in several sections of this forum but I need more clarification. Here are questions:

1. Did Ford change/fix transmission after 2015 models? Do models from 2017+ have new type/version of transmission or they have same one with same problems?

2. If my transmission is dead , will I have to buy new one and replace or can it be repaired? also, if I change fluid for every recommended period, transmission still be damaged anyway? Every how many miles should I change transmission fuild, what is recommended?

3. Which trim levels have BLIS (blind spot sensor) on mirrors beside titanium? or where can I find full info about SE, SEL, Titanium packages? I couldn't find trustworthy information in google.

I know I have many questions, thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, mwr said:

I don't have answers to your specific questions, but since no one else has replied I thought I would. Which is to say that I bought a 2015 FFH SE new and then six months ago (after my insurance company totaled my 2015), bought a used 2017 FFH SE. 100K miles on the 2015 and 60K miles on the 2017.Almost no problems (none serious) with the 2015 and none at all with the 2017. Both with the luxury package (leather seats) and tech package (large center screen).

How often did you change transmission oil on 2015 and 2017? if changed of course. In which month was produced your 2015 fusion? before 15 august or after? As I know transmission problem was fixed by ford after 15 august 2015 models.

5 minutes ago, mwr said:

- I followed the Ford service recommendations for all service. I don't when (or if) the transmission oil was changed for my 2015.

- I have no idea when my 2015 was produced, and don't know how to find out.

ok, you can check month on the door where vin code is written

5 hours ago, mwr said:

Not possible since I no longer have that 2015.

OK, understood.

3 hours ago, 2014FordFusionSE said:

See: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10092366-5448.pdf

It's only for 2013-2016 Fusions so you should be fine.

As someone mentioned on another thread, there aren't that many reports of failures compared to the number of Fusions on the road.

Here's a thread with some transmission discussions:

I don't think changing the transmission fluid will prevent the failure since it's probably a manufacturing defect but it doesn't apply to your vehicle anyway.

thanks for info, yes I saw this document.

Finally, I bought on copart auction , won auction, personally I can not buy , my friend has company and he helped in auction process and every other documents, I am posting this info because I didn't spend any additional money on this process. there will be many other fees for transportation and so on (I am from Georgia (country)), but it's normal. So, I am interested in your opinion if I bought this car in good price or not? everyone tells me that it's great price. I bought this car in 4600$. This price is without any fee. https://www.copart.com/lot/75980093/salvage-2019-ford-fusion-se-wi-milwaukee-south

43 minutes ago, mwr said:

Whether that was a good price or not depends on how much it will cost to repair. Obviously the insurance company (State Farm) thought it would cost more to repair than the car was worth. So they totaled it and sold it at auction with a salvage title.

Ok understood, I think in US is different situation than Georgia. In Georgia this car's repair cost will be approximately 1000$, just for informaton, it's difficult to compare US and Georgia prices/service. 

18 hours ago, billford said:

I checked the link and pictures. Almost looks like it has flood damage by all the interior and underhood dirt. Check engine light is on. 

Why would you want to buy this and sink an unknown amount of money into it??

I personally would not take it even if it was free. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for your opinion. Company checked history of this car and nothing was bad, no flood, also no other accident/collision beside this which is on the photo. Which car would you suggest me?