Sign in to follow this  
SirNitro

2013 P0A78 + Stop Safely Now

History

My daughter was coming home from town  when she called and said her car was doing something weird defined as driving slow with no power.

I headed her way and she began driving slowly home. I saw her and told her to pull over in a parking lot.

When I got in and put it in drive the car would just jerk like it was wanting to move but not go anywhere, then the gas engine would start up and the RPMs would start to go up at which point I turned the ignition off.

After having the vehicle towed to my home, I hooked my scanner up and the code P0A78 (Drive Motor A Inverter Performance) was found. After some research I found that most likely the inverter under the hood was bad. So I purchased a used one with low mileage and replaced it. Before I had a chance to replace it the 12 v battery ran down to around 8 Volts and of course the car would not turn on. I charged the battery and now the wrench icon comes on, and the Stop Safely Now message comes up, at no point does it say it is good to drive and putting it in gear does nothing.

I am unable to scan the car currently as I loaned my scanner to my son in law which now I have to track down.

Any thoughts on any of this?

I think I have included all of the information that would be needed.

Thank you

Clint