Sign in to follow this  
QuoVadis69

HiD vs Piaa Xtreme White 4000k

I have had the silverstar ultras, and the heat issue is a concern. I was not happy with how long they lasted as well. Just over a year. I went back to the PIAA Xtreme white for headlights, and the Plasma yellow for fog.driving lights. I love the improvement. This was in my Focus, and I will be doing the same in my fusion that I am ordering. I changed out the front signal bulb to the one that is silver coated. Makes the headlight assembly look amazing - all chrome when lights are off.

Do the PIAA's last longer than the Silverstars? I was thinking about getting Silverstars until I heard they last for like two months! Screw that!

It seems like HIDs are the only way to go unless the PIAAs are any good.

I just finished installing PIAA Xtreme White 4000k H7's and H11's. While they are not HID (and don't pretend to be), my opinion is they are far superior to stock bulbs and even perform better then the Silverstar Ultras I'm running in my T-Birds. Perhaps that's not a fair comparison since the the design of the headlights between the two cars are drastically different, but I am very pleased with the results on the Fusion. As for longevity, only time will tell. Now I need to decide if I'm going to put Xtreme Whites or their Plasma Yellows in the fogs.

I will agree with danager, the lifespan on the Silverstars sucks.