amymichelle51

2008 Fusion MP3 question

Ok. how did you get it to display the song titles? I have an 08 Fusion, and i plugged in my ipod video into the center console, and it will play the song, but all it says is "Line In" and wont display the song information. The same thing with my CD's. None of them do, they just say what number they are on the CD. ugh. someone please help, its pretty frustrating.

Ok. how did you get it to display the song titles? I have an 08 Fusion, and i plugged in my ipod video into the center console, and it will play the song, but all it says is "Line In" and wont display the song information. The same thing with my CD's. None of them do, they just say what number they are on the CD. ugh. someone please help, its pretty frustrating.

This advice is only for pre-2010 Fusions. These radios have a green text for their display.

I had a problem with my wife's 2008 Edge. Not all MP3s would play and it would not read from the thumb drive at all. I installed the latest update from SYNCMYRIDE.com and it fixed the issue. This will only help people who have Sync equipped vehicles.

Playing CDs: It will not display any CD/song info from a normal CD. If your radio can play MP3s,(I think it says "MP3"on the front of the radio) it will be able to decode the data from the MP3s and display song titles and artist names as long as that data is attached to the MP3. Use a MP3 tag checker to verify. Otherwise it will just say "no artist". This goes for MP3 CDs and music being played through a thumb drive via the USB port.

As for IPODs, I am not 100% sure but I believe the USB port is only used for power. You also have to attach the IPOD to an audio jack (looks like a headphone jack). This jack does not transmit any song info to the radio. It's just like plugging speakers in to your IPOD. Only sound is coming out. Like I said, I'm not 100% certain that's how IPOD work with Ford vehicles.

My 2007 Fusion didn't have sync or a usb port but it could play MP3 CDs.