Jrpavv

Stop Safely Now

2011 FFH

Coming to a stop, red triangle  and wrenches pop up with Stop Safely Now, no power. Can key off/on and drive a short distance before it does it again.

Codes: As Pictured

Been doing a lot research on this. Some leaning to a bad DC-TO-DC Converter, one tread saying bad relays can cause it. Then I found a  TSB saying Faulty Overlay Wire Harness 

Neither The wire harness kit or the TSB help me in knowing where to replace the wires.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

IMG_20200519_194050321.jpg

I'm in the same boat. I think I know where it goes, but not for sure. Did you learn anything since you posted here?

2012 FFH

I have the same problem of SSN (Stop Safely Now). I have found MEC pump did not work and have replaced it. The problem is not solved. The SSN happens after driving on high way at speed 65+ mph about 30 minutes. Can key off/on and drive a short distance before it does it again. If speed is below 50 mph on a local road then I can drive car home without SSN problem. Before replacing the MEC pump, SSN happens even at speed of 50 mph. Yesterday, I did key off/on to drive after SSN, the display shows an orange wrench warning that did not show before I replaced the MEC pump. My cheap OBD-II reader finds no code.

Jrpavv, do you fix the SSN after replacing the wire harness? Is this a common problem?

29 minutes ago, Is4me2 said:

2012 FFH

I have the same problem of SSN (Stop Safely Now). I have found MEC pump did not work and have replaced it. The problem is not solved. The SSN happens after driving on high way at speed 65+ mph about 30 minutes. Can key off/on and drive a short distance before it does it again. If speed is below 50 mph on a local road then I can drive car home without SSN problem. Before replacing the MEC pump, SSN happens even at speed of 50 mph. Yesterday, I did key off/on to drive after SSN, the display shows an orange wrench warning that did not show before I replaced the MEC pump. My cheap OBD-II reader finds no code.

Jrpavv, do you fix the SSN after replacing the wire harness? Is this a common problem?

You're having a different problem as described here. Yours is with the secondary coolant system. When you replaced the mecs pump, did you bleed the air out through the inverter?

1 hour ago, Jrpavv said:

You're having a different problem as described here. Yours is with the secondary coolant system. When you replaced the mecs pump, did you bleed the air out through the inverter?

No, I did not bleed the air out. Will try. Thanks for giving me the pdf info.

I realize the air bubbles might stop the coolant flow. The coolant reservoir does drop its level awhile latter and I then refill it up to the full level... 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jrpavv said:

No, I did not bleed the air out. Will try. Thanks for giving me the pdf info.

I realize the air bubbles might stop the coolant flow. The coolant reservoir does drop its level awhile latter and I then refill it up to the full level... 

After bleed the air out from the DC/DC inverter, adding more coolant to the reservoir where the coolant level is 1" above the cold level mark, I think the SSN problem is solved. I've driven continuously on FFH for 2.5 hrs, 130+ miles, with speed up to 75 mph, and SSN is never happen again! The engine temperature indicates at mid-point of center-and-H constantly. Engine highest speed goes up to 3000+ rpm. ?

I had this TSB performed by a ford dealership close to 10 years ago under warranty. Car has been working fine until recently it started to throw the same trouble codes. Has 243K miles now. I checked the wire splices and they still appear to be intact. Could the issue be something else or should I remove the wire splices and redo them? How to tell if the DC to DC inverter is going bad? The SSN msg only appears at slower speeds and generally when slowing down or coming to a stop. 

10 hours ago, Jayberham said:

I had this TSB performed by a ford dealership close to 10 years ago under warranty. Car has been working fine until recently it started to throw the same trouble codes. Has 243K miles now. I checked the wire splices and they still appear to be intact. Could the issue be something else or should I remove the wire splices and redo them? How to tell if the DC to DC inverter is going bad? The SSN msg only appears at slower speeds and generally when slowing down or coming to a stop. 

My SSN problem was fixed by flushing out the coolant and replaced entire coolant. Adding coolant to a good level in the container didn't work. I'm not an EV expert but an EE background, I think that if EV or hybrid is drivable then the DC to DC inverter should be ok. However if cooling system is not in an efficient minor then SSN shows the warning. It is not a defect component condition such that OBD2 reader can't tell error code.

Update: previously when I was having this issue I would have to pull over and key off and on again and would be able to keep going. Now I can’t drive and immediately gives SSN msg. Forescan gives a POA0A could which is high voltage system interlock “circuit A” open. Anyone have any further details on where to look for “circuit A”? Note that I did have the TSB performed several years back for the harness wire overlay. Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for HVIL? 
Prior to this code the car was driving great in both EV and ICE modes. Guessing it’s just an open in the HVIL circuit somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

On 8/7/2024 at 3:47 PM, Is4me2 said:

My SSN problem was fixed by flushing out the coolant and replaced entire coolant. Adding coolant to a good level in the container didn't work. I'm not an EV expert but an EE background, I think that if EV or hybrid is drivable then the DC to DC inverter should be ok. However if cooling system is not in an efficient minor then SSN shows the warning. It is not a defect component condition such that OBD2 reader can't tell error code.

Hello Sir , my 2012 mkz hybrid has the same issue as yours .

SSN after half an hour on highway.

Please advise me what I should say the mechanic .I am not a car guy myself so don't know much of this stuff.

I read somewhere that replacing the auxillary water pump will resolve the issue . Is that what I need to change or anything else .please appreciate your advice 

I had a similar issue:

I wasn't able to resolve it and ended up having to junk the car. Ford dealership would only replace the battery. I had a mobile mechanic come take a look and they said the fuel pump might have had an open in the circuit but they couldn't find it to fix it.

I think I was able to fix it. My issue is just the high voltage interlock circuit. One of the white harnesses seems to be just not making a good connection. I bent the pins slightly and seems to be working fine again. It’s been maybe 4 weeks thus far. 

The issue you had seems to be related to battery since the codes it is throwing are much different than mine. But thanks regardless for reading and responding.