tz7797

Car jerks when coming to a complete stop

I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. The car wants to jerk when I am coming to a complete stop. It doesnt do it all the time. Now sometimes it is just a little jerk but than it can be a big jerk when I am stopping.

Can anyone help me figure out what this could be.

We need a better description of what is happening.

If either front wheel loses traction, while still in the regenerative braking mode, your brain will tell you the car is accelerating. It isn't but that's what it feels like. Because of how a differential works all regen braking immediately stops if one wheel loses traction. One wheel going over a sunken manhole cover will do this every time. The solution is to push harder on the brake pedal to engage the service brakes.

Also if it's been raining the brake rotors will get rusty, so when you transition from regen to the brakes it can be jerky.

The car will I guess you could call it jerk, but what it is doing is when I am coming to a stop, the car will like jerk hard to a stop. Not jerk forward but like I slammed on the brakes harder. It doesn’t do it all the time. It didn’t start doing this until we had the de rear hub replaced and the de rear wheel sensor cleaned. The car feels like it wants to stopharder than I want it to which is why I say it is jerking to a stop

That is because you go from regen braking to mechanical disk braking at around 5 mph and some times they grab when not used much.

Paul

The car has never done this before and I have had it for 3 years now

Check your suspension. The shocks and struts might cause this to happen if they go bad.

I have a 2008 Altima hybrid, recently the brakes and all motor mounts were replaced, now the car jerk wen I come to a complete stop. This never happened before

tz7797... I know it's a few years after the fact. Not sure if you still check the forum, but was this ever solved?  If so, what was the problem and fix?

I am having a very similar issue if you look at my thread. 

I have not replaced a rear wheel hub or sensor like you had, but I am getting a C0036 code (rear tone wheel / speed sensor issue) and I am also getting that jerking sensation or slipping feel just as coming to a complete stop. The jerk or slip feels like it's coming from the front of the car (area of the ABS Module), but the code I'm getting is a rear wheel sensor. 

Nobody seems to have a firm grasp on what is happening. That's why I'm wondering if you ever found a fix or not?  Please let me know because I'm at a total loss right now.