Ford Super News Ticker

AT&T 4G LTE to Power Ford SYNC Connect in More Than 10 Million Vehicles in North America by 2020

Ford and AT&T are bringing high-speed connectivity and an even better owner experience to customers this year – with plans to connect more than 10 million customers to Ford SYNC® Connect within the next five years.

View the full article

I hope that these will be optional - and not crammed on every floorplan vehicle. Much like 'sync services', these are intrusive, expense-generating features of limited real utility, and create new classes of vulnerability and 'hack-ability' for the vehicle.

Here's also hoping that Ford and ATT do a better job securing the system than Chrysler / Sprint did.

I hope that these will be optional - and not crammed on every floorplan vehicle. Much like 'sync services', these are intrusive, expense-generating features of limited real utility, and create new classes of vulnerability and 'hack-ability' for the vehicle.

Here's also hoping that Ford and ATT do a better job securing the system than Chrysler / Sprint did.

Agreed, I don't need or want a direct internet connection to my car unless it's a self-driving car. Chances are it'll be unintuitive and with an excessive service fee anyway.

I'm wondering if this support will provide the foundation for these cars to automatically download/install software updates (ECM, PCM etc) that typically require a visit to the service department on our current cars.