Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Test drove the Energi Titanium today

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

I went to the Vancouver auto show today (practically a religious pilgrimage for me by now), and the venue had an area to test drive hybrids, plug-ins, and full electrics. Sadly there were no Teslas. I saw the Toyota Camry hybrid, all the Prius variants, the Lexus ES hybrid, the Lexus CT, the Lexus NX hybrid, BMW i3, Ford Focus Electric, Ford C-Max Energi, and of course the Fusion Energi.

I actually wanted to test the BMW i3 but the lineup was too long, so I settled with the ES300h and NX300h. Both those cars drove quite well - the ES in particular was much quieter than the FFH in terms of engine sound (they're equally quiet in EV mode but the FFH's engine is pretty loud when you step on it). However neither car gets the killer mileage of the FFH so that's a tradeoff.

I was about to leave after having some fun with those two Lexuses, and then I suddenly saw the Energi pull in. I thought, "Hey, I may already own an FFH but why not try it out?" The lineup for the Energi was nonexistent (I guess we can thank the BMW for attracting all the attention) so I was immediately able to hop in after the last test-driver got out.

This model I drove was a fully loaded Titanium with everything - BLIS, rain sensing wipers, park assist, you name it. Very nice stuff. I also got to try the Titanium seats for the first time and I actually find them more comfortable than on the SE O_O.

Unfortunately, a lot of people had already driven the Energi before I did so there was almost no juice left in the battery, meaning no pure-EV acceleration for me to try out. So I had to "deal" with the Energi's engine being on most of the time during my test drive. Here's where things get interesting.

When accelerating, I discovered that the Energi with its engine on was nowhere near as loud as my FFH - and in fact the low level of noise was comparable to what I experienced in the Lexus ES300h. Seriously, I floored it pretty hard from 0 to 60 km/h and was shocked that it didn't produce the annoyingly loud noise I'm used to hearing in the FFH.

So guys, is this awesomeness an Energi thing or did 2015 models get updated with improved acoustic silencing? I'm all ears!

• GrySql likes this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

That is a good question, HB? How does your Energi compare to the FFH*2 you had? 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#3 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

When accelerating, I discovered that the Energi with its engine on was nowhere near as loud as my FFH - and in fact the low level of noise was comparable to what I experienced in the Lexus ES300h. Seriously, I floored it pretty hard from 0 to 60 km/h and was shocked that it didn't produce the annoyingly loud noise I'm used to hearing in the FFH.

So guys, is this awesomeness an Energi thing or did 2015 models get updated with improved acoustic silencing? I'm all ears!

Could it be from what's discussed in these threads?

http://fordfusionhyb...999-air-intake/

http://fordfusionhyb...r-installation/

• GrySql and machoman1337 like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#4 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Could it be from what's discussed in these threads?

http://fordfusionhyb...999-air-intake/

http://fordfusionhyb...r-installation/

Wow nice, I'm reading through these threads now! I think I definitely need to buy one of these. Might need to hop across the border first though, we'll see.

Thanks for the links, now I can make my Job 1 car even more awesome. I already got the Job 2 version of the sunglasses holder module (containing the moonroof controls and light switches) from my last service visit and this will bring my car just a step closer :)

Edited by machoman1337, 30 March 2015 - 05:13 PM.

• hybridbear and corncobs like this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·