Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2014 FFH transmission replacement

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   MrCrackBerry

MrCrackBerry

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Sounds exactly like what just happened to me with my 2013 FFH 66K Miles. For how long does the warranty cover tranny? I read 60K (just my luck), but I'm seeing other things on this thread. Please help, thanks

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 786 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Sounds exactly like what just happened to me with my 2013 FFH 66K Miles. For how long does the warranty cover tranny? I read 60K (just my luck), but I'm seeing other things on this thread. Please help, thanks

100k mi./ 8yrs., you are in good shape. :)

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#43 OFFLINE   mnb76

mnb76

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

I also had to have my transmission replaced on my 2014 SE.

Mileage was 42900.  I bought the car in Sept 2014 and in March 2018 I noticed fluid on the driveway.  I took it in for service and they replaced the left seal.

The next day the car was still leaking.

Took it back and they replaced the left axle and the left seal.

The next day it was leaking again.

So when I took it back the third time, they just said "We are going to replace your transmission"

Besides the leaking, I had noticed a very faint whine at low speed but not enough to make me take it in.

Now (Sept 2018) I have a "Stop Safely Now" issue.

I'll post that info in another thread.

#44 OFFLINE   i.Love.my.fusion

i.Love.my.fusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

I am also a person who is currently in the process of getting this problem fixed.

Stats: 2014 FFH, 96k mi, All recalls up to date.

Problem: Grinding/rubbing noise coming from front of car on deceleration (letting off gas pedal) when in EV (ICE is not running). This is usually when under 40 mph, very noticeable in town/neighborhood where the car should be silent.

Happens: Regardless if brakes are being pressed or not, whether AC/Air is on or not.

I am the second owner and bought in 2016. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty, but I am nearing the end of it (due to mileage, not time). I am within 1000 miles of end of warranty (sweaty face)!

THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE I was able to diagnose that THIS was the problem based on google searching for "2014 FFH noise on deceleration."  Knowledge is power, and I was very happy to be able to have a rough idea of what my problem was prior to walking in to the dealership for service. Like I said, luckily I am still under warranty, because if I had to sell my car at nearly 100k miles, I wouldn't be able to get what it is still owed on it (another sweaty face).

I just dropped it off at the dealership this morning. They said that my warranty only pays for a rental for 5 days, so I settled for a shuttle home, and I expect to drive my (extremely poor MPG) old truck to and from work for the next week plus. I am lucky to have a 2nd vehicle, but I commute roughly 60 miles total per day in congested traffic conditions and my hybrid is my logical solution to sitting still in traffic: My thought when driving ICE cars, "my engine is running and i'm not going anywhere!" (hair tearing out!). Like my username says; i love my fusion hybrid!

I'm still waiting on the official diagnosis, but they said that the symptoms I was reporting do line up with the transmission problems that I found in my research.

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to join and post about it (to return the favor), as this site has helped me so much already.

I will update when I get word from my dealer. Hoping for good news.

Ashley

• ptjones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·