Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Fusion Hybrid Interior Silver Paint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dre7

dre7

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Milan Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Hi:

New member here, but big fan of the Ford Hybrids.  Currently I have two Mercurys, a 2007 Mariner Hybrid and a 2010 Milan Hybrid.  They both suffer from the same issue regarding the silver paint used on the door arms and center console.  This paint is VERY fragile and has dissolved with even a light application of some of my previously trusted detailing products.  I have tried touching up the paint with a silver metalic Sharpie (limited success) and wonder if anyone else has dealt with this issue succesfully.  I wonder if thisproblem is just with the hybrids, like they used some kind of "green" products exclusively to them.  I remember in the 70s GM using some soybean formulation on their interiors to deal with the energy crisis.  On hot days, it would sweat and turn to goo.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

This paint is VERY fragile and has dissolved with even a light application of some of my previously trusted detailing products.  I have tried touching up the paint with a silver metalic Sharpie (limited success) and wonder if anyone else has dealt with this issue succesfully.

Do you have pictures of what you mean? What products have you used?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#3 OFFLINE   dre7

dre7

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Milan Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:52 AM

No pics, sorry.  Just the usual wear marks you get around the buttons and such.  I was using a little Vinylex to hit the buttons and some got on the paint.  Also on the turn signal stalk, the Vinylex attacked the stenciling.  On my wife's Mariner Hybrid, when i went to prep her armrest with a little 70% rubbing alcohol on a q tip, it  dissolved the paint.  I'm all for green, but durability should be a consideration as well. 

Interior code on the Milan is YL, but Ford says they don't make touch up paint for 2010 interiors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·