rhandrew

What's irritating to you

There's something wrong with your HVAC. My 2010 behaved strangely after changing the 12 vdc battery. I disconnected and reconnected the battery again with the HVAV off and it returned to normal smooth operation.

No Applink for MyFord Touch.

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station.

Bluetooth metadata (read, album art) isn't transferred when streaming.

Navigation system maps are out of date when you buy your car. Heck they just picked the wrong vendor--even the most current available are not accurate.

Greasy seat tracks are exposed with tall occupants.

Proximity door locks are sketchy. Sometimes they work; sometimes it seems like it's trying to piss you off when all you want to do is get in the car.

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station. - That's on SiruisXP. They compress their media to the point of poor sound quality.

DITTO !

Don't put your IA Key Fob in the same pocket as your cell phone.

The cell phone transmitting, yes it transmits while it is in your pocket, can desense the receiver in the IA Key Fob.

Agreed, and I don't. It's just sometimes, when it's usually most inconvenient, the damn thing thinks I'm trying to lock it. Even with one finger pulling the handle, it shits the bed. Sometimes.

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station. - That's on SiruisXP. They compress their media to the point of poor sound quality.

FWIW, I get around this by Bluetooth streaming from the SiriusXM app from my phone--at the expense of my data allowance--again, with no metadata. Bonus: better quality and additional channels like Rock&Roll Hall of Fame channel.

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station. - That's on SiruisXM. They compress their media to the point of poor sound quality.

My SiriusXM sound quality is a hair better than typical FM quality for me. What does bug me about it is how easily and often the SiriusXM signal drops out when driving under underpasses or by large power lines. The SiriusXM reception in our 2009 Buick Enclave has much less signal dropouts than in my FFH.

I would think it is the antenna design that is the culprit, which makes me very hesitant to convert to a shark fin antenna, which supposedly has a little worse reception than the whip antenna I have.

Under the banner of "It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out...it's the grain of sand in your shoe", what are the little things about your FFH that are growing in irritation over time.

I have not yet found anything that is "irritating" me but I have owned my FFH S only since last August. I purposely purchased a FFH S to minimize the complexity and the associated headaches when things go wrong with technology laden add-ons. Ya, I know the FFH is high tech by its very nature.

The only frustration I am having is adjusting to the forced use of a key fob. This is the first car I have ever owned where I am forced to carry a fob (is my age showing?). Previously, I carried a simple car key (no fob) along with the truck key (no fob) and the house key (no fob) with no annoying fob bulges in my pocket. Now I have to manage two key rings and it seems like every time I get in a vehicle I have the wrong key ring with me. Back to the house I go cursing all the way, unlock the house door and retrieve the correct key ring. On a positive note, I love the switch blade design of the FFH fob.

I guess if that is my only frustration, then I am a pretty happy FFH owner so far. :)

Edited by Texasota

About the only thing that continues to bug me is the forward looking obstruction sensors being active when backing up.

The alarm goes off......there is nothing in the camera view......a quick sweep shows nothing or nobody in the way..........Oh yea, I pulled in a little too close to the bushes when I parked. A ROYAL PITA.

Oh and having the "surround" setting in the radio switch itself off without me doing it.

That one is a bug that SHOULD be fixed. HEY FORD: No excuse for leaving that bug un-swatted.

Dang those technology laden add-ons! They cause nothing but headaches! ;)

The only thing that irritates me is the trunk lid just below the rear license plate. It collects a lot of dirt. The rest of the car stays clean, dirt seems to fly off everywhere else, except for that one particular area.

The car has been great otherwise...