Sign in to follow this  
lsherlockl

Buying used FFH

Yes indeed, I have miles and miles experience with commute of 60-miles each way, and have been keeping tabs on the commute MPG each day, to include the temperature - so at the end of the year I can be like Larry on the Energi forum and plot out the expected curve according to temps and MPG... may need to ask his help on that one, but at least I have the numbers.

Anyway - what is the chance that you will be able to charge on the distant end? If you will be able to do that, it's a no-brainer, IMHO. If not, I looked over the days from this year where I started my PM commute with no HVB due to trips during the day, and recorded MPGs for the 58-62 mile commute (based on getting off 95 and various exits) were: 59, 56, 49, 42, 56, and 51 with temps and traffic probably being the big difference.

So it may be worth it to you if you, if you are OK with the limited trunk room and folding down the back seats would work for you -- I posted some trunk pics at:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/664-fusion-energi-trunk-room/?p=16001

As for the tax credit, there are several threads on this in the Energi forum but one of the good ones is here:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1652-tax-credit-question/?hl=8936&do=findComment&comment=10503

For the White Energi you noted above, I looked at the window sticker and the only option is the upgraded paint color... it may work for you, but spending at least 3 hours each day in my car (closer to 4 many days) I made sure my car had the stuff that I knew I'd want to have available rather than suck it up for years.

Consider how much junk you put in your trunk and how much you actually use it. You might surprise yourself that you really dont use as much space as you think.

Congrats to you! Just got home from a day trip in our 14 SE... Yes, this vehicle is quite remarkable. :)

Hope it warms up! ;)