m1xmstr

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE adding a sub woofer and amp

I have the Sony HD radio but the mid bass is not very tight. Does anyone know if they use enclosures for the door mounted speakers?

Great write up m1xmstr,

I just finished installing a JBL ms-a5001 500watt RMS amp and paired it with a single 10 inch Dayton 10-22 Ultimax sub in a .71 cu ft sealed box. Its a great compliment to this car. I have the amp turned down a bit still as i'm not sure how hard to push it yet. So far very happy and it sounds great. Its definately not a 12 inch 1750 watt rms SSA XCON but it fits the roll well.

Again great write up definately saved me a lot of time finding what wires to tap into for the power input.

Uhm no answer from him...i hope somebody can help me its frustrating to have all connected but missing that wire and not be able to use my radio until i find where to tap my 12v switched wire for the remote ....

I'm sorry your having issues did you try the "Wht/Lt Purple wire" he mentioned? I didn't need a switched 12v wire myself as a chose an amp with newer technology and will auto sense signal on the line in ;) If i were you or if i needed more accessories on my fusion i'd wire in my own switched 12v fuse block running from a relay.. just me though.. do you have a volt meter? might be your quickest method to get your stuff up and working.

EDIT:

I saw the wires he was talking about when i tapped into the front driver speaker wires but didn't need it so i left it alone. Its there though i verified his instructions are correct at least for a 2013

Edited by dag1401