Quiller Caudill

Outside Air Temp Stuck on 50 Degrees F

Here is a pic of the sensor from the wiring diagrams. The outside temp sensor is shown in zone E2 :)

20140608_170856_zps66eec151.jpg

Edited by SteveB_TX

Reviving a bit of an old thread - mine isn't stuck yet, it shows proper temp for a little bit and then it resets itself to 50, until the next startup. Took a little video of it doing it so I can show it to the dealer when they tell me they can't replicate the issue.

Do you have the dealer visit scheduled yet? I'm happy to take this up the ladder to your customer service manger. Just send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

I'm having this same issue. I have a 2015 Fusion Energi and the temp with display correctly, but after driving for awhile it will go to 50 F . The temp this morning was about -8 F and was correct, but then jumped to 50 F. Stays at 50 F until I turn the car off and then the temp desplay is correct once I start the car back up. Car is brand new with 3K miles and never been in a accident or have the bumper removed as far as I know.

50 F? Sounds perfect to me. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I want to loop your customer service manager on this. Just PM me your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll get on it. :)

Meagan

Mid 60s would be better :) - I'm not ready to make a trip to the dealer for one issue just yet, but when I do I will take you up on your offer. Thanks Meagan!

-Doug

Yeah, you're right, actually. :D Sounds good. I'll be around!

Meagan

I'm curious where that sensor is located. Could it be an exposed wire somewhere?

Never mind, just read the other posts in the thread. Thought this was a first post when I replied.

Edited by md13ffhguy