Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Outside Air Temp Stuck on 50 Degrees F

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Quiller Caudill

Quiller Caudill

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

I bought this 2013 Fusion Hybrid with 5K on the ODO.  It had been in an accident and needed the front bumper cover, fenders and hood replaced, along with the fog lights and the supporting structure pieces underneath.  No major damage and I actually drove it home about 150 miles before we repaired it.  It’s all repaired now with only one issue.

The outside air temp reading just sits on 50 degrees F.   I’m pretty sure that it was at 50 when I drove it home too, but totally forgot about it until I got it back from my body guy.  So the question is, where is the temp sensor (I mean, exactly where is it located)?  Before I take it to Ford, I guess I’d just like to verify if it’s there or missing.  I bought a  used lower grille, which has a wiring harness in it, and they had to buy a new harness because the one that was in the grille either didn't have the right connectors or they were missing (I can’t remember which).

Thanks in advance.

Quiller

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Was the passenger side mirror damaged? I was under the impression that the sensor is in the passenger side mirror, because that's where it is on my parents' C-Max Energi.

• GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#3 OFFLINE   Quiller Caudill

Quiller Caudill

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

No outside mirror damage on either side.  I'm pretty sure it's located in front of the radiator somewhere.  I found PN 12A647 that's supposed to be the OAT sensor.  I'm hoping that the OAT stuck on 50 is why the auto climate control seems to be a little wacky.

Thanks,

Quiller

#4 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

No outside mirror damage on either side.  I'm pretty sure it's located in front of the radiator somewhere.  I found PN 12A647 that's supposed to be the OAT sensor.  I'm hoping that the OAT stuck on 50 is why the auto climate control seems to be a little wacky.

Thanks,
Quiller

That would do it. When my parents' OAT sensor went wacky in their C-Max they couldn't get any heat because the car said it was 128F outside when the actual temp was 5-20F.
  • GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#5 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Here is a pic of the sensor from the wiring diagrams.  The outside temp sensor is shown in zone E2  :)

20140608_170856_zps66eec151.jpg

Edited by SteveB_TX, 19 February 2015 - 03:57 PM.

• tr7driver likes this

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#6 OFFLINE   Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

Reviving a bit of an old thread - mine isn't stuck yet, it shows proper temp for a little bit and then it resets itself to 50, until the next startup.  Took a little video of it doing it so I can show it to the dealer when they tell me they can't replicate the issue.

#7 OFFLINE   Da0ne

Da0ne

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 323 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi, 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Reviving a bit of an old thread - mine isn't stuck yet, it shows proper temp for a little bit and then it resets itself to 50, until the next startup.  Took a little video of it doing it so I can show it to the dealer when they tell me they can't replicate the issue.

have you taken the bumper off

319386.png

305468.png

retired 9/23

180884.png

#8 OFFLINE   Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

have you taken the bumper off

Yes twice...once for hid the other time for fogs. I have one more to go for when my TLF headlights arrive. Why? Thinking the connector is loose?

#9 OFFLINE   Da0ne

Da0ne

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 323 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi, 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

yes it might be because it registers then it leaves i would check that first

319386.png

305468.png

retired 9/23

180884.png

#10 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Do you have the dealer visit scheduled yet? I'm happy to take this up the ladder to your customer service manger. Just send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

#11 OFFLINE   Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

So after a R\R of the front bumper to install my TLF lights, the outside temp issue appears to be OK. I was very careful this time to ensure that the harness for the temp probe was not twisted too much and was securely fastened....keep you guys posted.
  • SteveB_TX likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 62 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'm having this same issue.  I have a 2015 Fusion Energi and the temp with display correctly, but after driving for awhile it will go to 50 F .  The temp this morning was about -8 F and was correct, but then jumped to 50 F.  Stays at 50 F until I turn the car off and then the temp desplay is correct once I start the car back up.  Car is brand new with 3K miles and never been in a accident or have the bumper removed as far as I know.

409947.png

#13 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

I'm wondering if maybe a MFT reset would help you too. It can't hurt anything. Read this: http://fordfusionhyb...g-your-presets/

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#14 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

I wonder if we could trick the car into thinking it actually IS 50 degrees all the time. I seem to get the best MPGs in that temp! ;)

• acdii, corncobs and bob leonard like this

244968.png

#15 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• 410 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

I'm having this same issue.  I have a 2015 Fusion Energi and the temp with display correctly, but after driving for awhile it will go to 50 F .  The temp this morning was about -8 F and was correct, but then jumped to 50 F.  Stays at 50 F until I turn the car off and then the temp desplay is correct once I start the car back up.  Car is brand new with 3K miles and never been in a accident or have the bumper removed as far as I know.

50 F? Sounds perfect to me. ;) 

In all seriousness, though, I want to loop your customer service manager on this. Just PM me your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll get on it. :)

Meagan

#16 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

50 F? Sounds perfect to me. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I want to loop your customer service manager on this. Just PM me your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll get on it. :)

Meagan

Mid 60s would be better :) -  I'm not ready to make a trip to the dealer for one issue just yet, but when I do I will take you up on your offer.  Thanks Meagan!

-Doug

409947.png

#17 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• 410 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Mid 60s would be better :) -  I'm not ready to make a trip to the dealer for one issue just yet, but when I do I will take you up on your offer.  Thanks Meagan!

-Doug

Yeah, you're right, actually. :D Sounds good. I'll be around!

Meagan

#18 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Is anyone else having this issue?  So last year, I took the car in because of the temp going to 50 degrees and staying there until I would power cycle the car.  They replaced the temp sensor at that time and it was working fine, until a couple weeks ago, it started to do the same thing.  Dealer service is stumped.  I sent a PM to Meagan last week, but no response.  Does anyone have a fix as they don't think it would be the temp sensor again.

• gdaug likes this

409947.png

#19 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

I'm curious where that sensor is located. Could it be an exposed wire somewhere?

Never mind, just read the other posts in the thread. Thought this was a first post when I replied.

Edited by md13ffhguy, 19 December 2016 - 09:39 PM.

244968.png

#20 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Bump!  This continues to happen even after numerous trips to the dealer to get it fixed.  Anyone else have this issue and know what the fix is?

409947.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·