JSKershaw

Program TPMS on 2013 FFH

I don't know how the programming works but I do know that once the wheel with TPMS is known to the car you don't need to do it again.

When I ordered my winter tires I also bought the TPMS tool for $45 but when I had my winter tires installed they did the registration / learning as part of the install for free ( the entire wheel exchange was free at PepBoys ).

Just two weeks ago I switched back to summer wheels but I did it myself ( wasn't ready for another round of damaged rims ) and the car and the TPMS is perfectly fine.

No relearning no registration nothing I pretty much spend the $45 for nothing.

Anyway you will only need the tool if a TPMS sensor is replaced which should be done by the dealer that installs the tire.

So, the wheels don't need to be retrained after a tire rotation? How does the system know the right front is now on the right rear without training it?

So you have a second set of TPMS on these rims? If so, then your teaching will solve the error, you just had to let the car know it has new sensors. Pretty nice that for $45 it saves you a trip to the dealer to get them reset.