Jason Riberdy

Tire Life

I got a quote yesterday for the Continental PureContact tires from my dealer. TireRack is $160 plus shipping, their quote, $1065. That works out to about $100 per tire to mount and balance them. Um I think I will shop around a bit instead. If I get a wheel package I can get 17's with these tires for $1280 delivered. That would get me a set of rims for snow tires then, put the snows on the stock rims.

Rim $113

Tire $143

Mount and TPMS $37

Set $293

Dealer price per tire, just the tires, $266.25

Shipping is $108.

The 17" tires is $143, the 18" $160. If I just get the tires, $694 shipped and then have to get them mounted and balanced, figure $40 a tire? Problem with that is I dont think I can fit all 4 in the car. I also have trust issues with my car, I don't trust places I have never been to to have my car put on a rack and muck up the lug nuts or like what happened with CC, gouging the rim putting them on.

The reviews for this tire are for the most part positive, only a couple negatives and mainly for noise. I haven't had a tire not make noise as they wore down, considering how much noise the crapyears are making, anything is an improvement.

Those are the same Michelins that came on my '13 MKZh. I love those tires. They corner nicely, provide a smooth ride, and look good... all while being extremely quiet. Good choice. :)

Those are the same Michelins that came on my '13 MKZh. I love those tires. They corner nicely, provide a smooth ride, and look good... all while being extremely quiet. Good choice. :)

How are they in snow? Oh wait, you live in hot as hell texas, aint no snow there! LOL The Continentals I am looking at have very good reviews for snow traction, which is why they are on my list instead of the Michelins.

How are they in snow? Oh wait, you live in hot as hell texas, aint no snow there! LOL The Continentals I am looking at have very good reviews for snow traction, which is why they are on my list instead of the Michelins.

Ha! I have the T-shirt for surviving the Christmas Blizzard of 2009! We had a record setting 12 inches. Granted, that is a snow shower for you guys up north, but still... :)

Cool I would love to see that shirt. 12" is not bad at all for TX how long were you guys shut down?

We had the third biggest blizzard in Chicago history in February of 2011 and it was 3x as much over night.

I have some pictures of that somewhere, I had drifts as high as my barn and carport. The road was completely closed in both directions, it didn't exist. They didn't get the road cleared until the next day.

Cool I would love to see that shirt. 12" is not bad at all for TX how long were you guys shut down?

We had the third biggest blizzard in Chicago history in February of 2011 and it was 3x as much over night.

I had prepared by stocking up a weeks worth of food. We used it all. Im not sure how long the "big city" was down, but my little burg was shut down for several days. We don't even have a snow plow... had to bring in road graders!

Depending upon how you drive I would think the Fusion Hybrid would wear tires faster due to the available torque from 0 RPM. Tire stress due to rotational forces would be greater when attempting to inititate the 3600 lbs of mass into motion with the electric motors 177lbs of torque. No gas engine aside from a manual equipped car revving and dumping the clutch would produce those type of forces from a complete stop.

Tesla and high torque diesel equipped cars have the problem of faster tire wear due to this.

My car has 30k on it now and I'm using the Ford CS check to buy some new tires.

My GY Eagle 18" LS2 tires are still barely above the wear strips but the places I sometimes go are very hot and desolate, so I like good tires.

I bought Continental's PureContact with EcoPlus Technology, it is a LRR Grand Touring All-Season tire.

Got them from Tire Rack and had them sent to my friend's repair shop, he could not get them as cheaply as Tire Rack.

He'll install and do an alignment for me tomorrow.

My Ford check pays for the whole thing.

I replaced the stock 18" tires with a set of the PureContact within the first 500 miles.