acdii

I Know I found a replacement

We are on our way to go pick up Maxine. Yep already have a name.

MLT> Mutton, Lettuce, and Tomato > Princess Bride > Miracle Max = Maxine.

Pics to come, they have it inside so I should be able to get some nice ones.

I was referring to the spoke pattern and not color. Are they the same spoke pattern as the 18-inch optional FFH wheels? They look like it in pictures. I hope you'll soon post more pics of your MKT too. And hopefully the weather will warm enough soon that you can Zaino it.

1779276_683197061722431_1499337582_n.jpg

Wheel #4

design-1.jpg

They do look rather similar, 18's on the Fusion, 20's on the MKT

MLT? I don't think Lincoln makes those. ;)

My Lincoln Touch

He gets to drive. We just get to ride. Lol.

And oh what a nice ride it is!

Here are the pictures. The car is nearly perfect, a few small rock chips in the hood and a tiny one on the windshield, but otherwise its really clean outside. Inside, everything is like new except some wear on the drivers seat, which is expected with the light dune color, looks like jeans were worn a lot, there is some bluing on the edge, and some scratching on the sill. It has lighted Lincoln door sills.

1970828_683196335055837_1230922913_n.jpg

1779739_683196338389170_368442768_n.jpg10014620_683196425055828_1858302778_n.jp

1964791_683196428389161_1643921980_n.jpg

1966680_683196431722494_1691807147_n.jpg

Heated steering wheel, really nice, warms up quickly.

10014620_683196435055827_1410372679_n.jp

Yes that is the Zaino bottle. Sitting outside the sun warmed it up enough to be able to apply some Z6, so its got a little protection. Looks like it was never waxed, and fingerprints showed up quickly.

1920590_683196341722503_1302048280_n.jpg

Best part of all, trip home from the dealer

1920590_683196331722504_2102685202_n.jpg

If you dont mind it smelling like Armor All! I have no idea what possessed the selling dealer to spray everything with Armor All, including the engine bay. I spent an hour wiping it all off.

LOL, It feels like its that long when I look in the mirror! I drove it to work this morning and thought maybe you had seen me, but not the case. :) The MKT is really nice to drive, and the active suspension is pretty darn cool, I can switch between modes, Comfort, Normal and Sport. Can really tell the difference between comfort and sport. When I first drove it home, I though, man, this doesn't ride like I would expect a Lincoln to, it ride like the Flex. After switching to Comfort, NOW it rides like a Lincoln! I do believe I made the right choice buying this one, Its super nice, and getting good gas mileage, reading 21.3 right now, in 34* weather, which is about 2 MPG better than the Flex was getting in these temps. I will know if the accuracy holds up between models, the Flex as .5 off the dash.

Now the trick will be keeping it clean, the kids are slobs, they made a mess of the Fusion, going to take hours to get it cleaned up to my standards, damned winter. My wife and I cleaned it up a little last night at the car wash, but the carpet needs scrubbing where they failed to put their grubby wet boots inside the floor liner, and got salty gook on the carpet. Thankfully the one who stepped in dog poop stepped inside the tray and didnt get any on the carpet, I was wondering what stunk, pulled the rear liner out and hosed it down, smell all gone.

You know what..... I may just build an airplane shaped like a casket. Wouldnt that be something!

Ohohohoh I think I will take a trip to Las Vegas and have the Count put on some skulls too!

Edited by acdii

I too love the active suspension. When just cruising around I keep it on Comfort. When I feel like letting my inner child out, I set it to Sport. :)

I dont want to even think about having to replace the HyTi! I am so glad it wasn't the one that got wrecked, there are NONE on the used market that I could find. Besides this was a car built for me, and that makes it even more special.

BTW, the MKT is sweet! Getting over 20 MPG in it too even in the cold weather, can't wait for it to warm up, something tells me 22 is on the horizon as the average.

OK how many cars do you know that gets exactly what the dash shows? Mine showed me getting 20.2 MPG. I filled the tank, it came to 20.2 MPG. Me=Impressed.

Does Ford not make the Flex anymore? My dad and I went to the Twin Cities Auto Show today and Ford didn't have a single Flex at their display.

They still make it, but like the Taurus, MKT and MKS, they are the disembodied step child. Shame considering it has been awarded one of the top 12 best family cars for 2014, and one of the top valued family SUV for 2014.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Flex/

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/2014-ford-flex-family-cars/2000010337/