Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Wiper Blades size

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Opened my box today. Box was poorly packed with packing list sticking halfway out the edge of the box and was taped in. But the wiper blades were fine. Two of each. They're an exact match for the factory blades. I'm not going to install them yet because the original blades are still in great shape after 18,000 miles and 10 months. But now I'm ready for whenever the blades need replacing.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

I have installed mine and they are a perfect match. The 2601 will only install on the driver's side and and the 2700 goes on the passenger side. You can't install them on the wrong side without breaking something.
  • hybridbear likes this

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#43 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 510 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Now curious if anybody is at or goes to a dealership, ask them if they can get these parts and what they want for it?
Probably not what they'd give you if you ask by the car make/model/year.  They'll give you a set of WW2600/WW2800

which are symmetric and will fit either side, but the way they attach is strange.  The WW2600 would work OK, the

WW2800 is too long.  But, they are different from the factory blades in design.

I ask my dealer for a spare pair 5 months ago, before I bought at RockAuto, and they wanted like

$62 or something for the pair?  I ask the them if they were insane and I obviously did not buy.

It was the right part as he pulled them out for me and I was about to pay (slightly higher I wouldn't

have cared), but that was nuts.  That was just one dealership.

I am afraid this version of the blade will disappear over time.  Especially the WW2700 version.

2013 FFH Hybrid Titanium 900A / Sterling Grey / Driver Assist / Park Assist / Adapt. Cruise / Moonroof / Navigation -- Took delivery 04/16/13

194152.png

#44 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Mine arrived in good shape. The box was a little beat up and the packing tape at the top looked like it was taped on by a 7 year old, but other than that everything arrived in tact.

I'm just going off of you guys that the blades are good to go, so they are going to go in storage until needed :lurk:

• hybridbear likes this

#45 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I ask my dealer for a spare pair 5 months ago, before I bought at RockAuto, and they wanted like

$62 or something for the pair?  I ask the them if they were insane and I obviously did not buy.

It was the right part as he pulled them out for me and I was about to pay (slightly higher I wouldn't

have cared), but that was nuts.  That was just one dealership.

I am afraid this version of the blade will disappear over time.  Especially the WW2700 version.

You also have to pay sales tax at the dealer and don't on RockAuto in most cases.

Why do you think the blade will disappear? If Ford is still putting the WW2700 & WW2601 on the cars from the factory I'd think they'd continue having them to sell as an aftermarket part. These same wiper blades are used on all Fusions, not just hybrids, so that's more than 200,000 cars per year.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#46 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

You also have to pay sales tax at the dealer and don't on RockAuto in most cases.

Why do you think the blade will disappear? If Ford is still putting the WW2700 & WW2601 on the cars from the factory I'd think they'd continue having them to sell as an aftermarket part. These same wiper blades are used on all Fusions, not just hybrids, so that's more than 200,000 cars per year.

Well I would have expected to pay like $12-15 each at dealership without coupon.  But the fact that fordparts.com is showing the 28" (WW2800) and

they gave me WW2600 at one dealership leads me to believe Ford's parts system does not tie to WW2700 and WW2601 - but yes, if they are still stocking and

it's just a matter of asking for it by part (not by car), then fine.  And yes, this is the part coming on the car, so why the disconnect?  Maybe I'm just

being nutty about it, but for now I want this part, they work well.

RockAuto only had one WW2700 left and it's not easy to find, but it does exist.  I have a feeling other cars use this same part.  That's why I ask if anybody

is at a dealership, do they normally stock these parts and are they some reasonable part.  Why my one dealership wanted $30/each - I have no idea.

Probably have to hunt down a few other online Ford parts sellers to get a reasonable price.

I did a quick check and these guys have WW2601 & WW2700 for $12.72 each --> http://www.levittown...supercenter.com

I have purchased from them.

So likely any Ford dealer can still get it.

2013 FFH Hybrid Titanium 900A / Sterling Grey / Driver Assist / Park Assist / Adapt. Cruise / Moonroof / Navigation -- Took delivery 04/16/13

194152.png

#47 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

But the fact that fordparts.com is showing the 28" (WW2800) and

they gave me WW2600 at one dealership leads me to believe Ford's parts system does not tie to WW2700 and WW2601 - but yes, if they are still stocking and

it's just a matter of asking for it by part (not by car), then fine.  And yes, this is the part coming on the car, so why the disconnect?

That's my question too! Why is there this disconnect? 

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#48 OFFLINE   mb27

mb27

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but it is by far the most relevant. 

For anyone who has actually received both WW2601 and WW2700, can you please tell me if they are both the same size? Ie, are they both 27"?

Because my factory wipers are identical - they have the same number printed on them (W000034094) and are both 27". Was this the same for anyone else, or are yours 26" and 27"?

I'm inclined to believe that WW2601 is a 26" blade, and if that is the case then I am a bit confused as to why my car came with two 27" blades when the prescribed replacement seems to be one 26" and one 27" blade.

Thanks! 

#49 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Always good to give a useful thread a bump every once in a while, and I'm also curious as my car has a squeegie-squeak sound on the driver side wiper, happens only about half the time but really annoying during the half that it does.  So it looks like I will be buying another set soon.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#50 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,486 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

For anyone who has actually received both WW2601 and WW2700, can you please tell me if they are both the same size? Ie, are they both 27"?

Because my factory wipers are identical - they have the same number printed on them (W000034094) and are both 27". Was this the same for anyone else, or are yours 26" and 27"?

I'm inclined to believe that WW2601 is a 26" blade, and if that is the case then I am a bit confused as to why my car came with two 27" blades when the prescribed replacement seems to be one 26" and one 27" blade.

Thanks! 

The WW2700 blade is 1/4" longer than the WW2601 blade. 

The main difference is in how the upper part of the rubber is sculpted presumably for aerodynamic purposes.

The flat faces up the window and the curved side faces down.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#51 OFFLINE   mb27

mb27

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

The WW2700 blade is 1/4" longer than the WW2601 blade. 

The main difference is in how the upper part of the rubber is sculpted presumably for aerodynamic purposes.

The flat faces up the window and the curved side faces down.

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better about ordering the WW2601 and WW2700 blades. My local dealer only has the 2601s so I'll be ordering mine online... I certainly didn't want to order the wrong parts. 

#52 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Also the 2700 will only fit the driver side while the 2601 is only for the passenger side.
But you can find other Ford and non-Ford blades that will work on either side.

I have found these blades to be excellent and quiet is the horrid winter rain and snow.
  • hybridbear likes this

194152.png

#53 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Always good to give a useful thread a bump every once in a while, and I'm also curious as my car has a squeegie-squeak sound on the driver side wiper, happens only about half the time but really annoying during the half that it does.  So it looks like I will be buying another set soon.

When it happens, lift the blade off the window and see if you still hear it. This is what mine has been doing, and will soon get a new motor. It amplifies through the glass something horrid and is annoying as all gitup. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#54 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 134 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

It's time to get my first pair of wipers and I see there seems to be an issue with sizes and brands. I would like to get the Rain X Latitudes. Anyone try a 28 inch for the driver and 26 inch for the passenger? Weird that they don't make 27....

#55 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

It's time to get my first pair of wipers and I see there seems to be an issue with sizes and brands. I would like to get the Rain X Latitudes. Anyone try a 28 inch for the driver and 26 inch for the passenger? Weird that they don't make 27....

My dealer has had a $19.96 installed special going on for several years. Once per year around rainy season I have the dealer change the blades. Both blades are 26 inch. They work well enough that I haven't noticed the difference. On the windshield where the blades lie in park, there is an etching that shows this blade a little short on the drivers side. I think the etching is there so you wont go over the 27 inch, which is probably max length. The 26 inch blade is only 1/2 inch short on each end, I don't think this little difference matters. 28 inch is maybe a little long and may get close to the paint on the upper edge of the windshield. Get the 26 inch for both sides, it won't matter at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·