Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

GoPro Video of Driving Style

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

I learned to fly on a T-28 UM. That poor plane looks like it went to war. The nose is all bashed up, packing tape holding the tail together, gouges in the foam from getting stuck in a tree, twice, yet that little bugger still flies nice.  I graduated up to an Apprentice, first time I put it on the ground, solo'd it with not a hitch. That plane has its share of mishaps too, slammed it nose first into the side of a barn, cartwheeled it a few times, and snapped the tail off on a very bad tail first landing.  Some Gorilla glue, a new wing and rudder, and a new motor mount have all been added, and it still flies nice, in fact I finally figured out why I kept flipping it over on landing, the nose wheel was too large, I had changed out the wheels for better clearance in grass, and had too large a nose wheel, so when it landing the nose touched first. I put a smaller nose wheel on and all my landings since have been smooth.  That and my Twin Otter are my only electrics I fly regularly now, haven't touched the UM planes at all last year.  Been flying my gas and glow planes mostly, the 4*120 and LT-40.  This year though I hope to have 4 more planes to maiden, a p-51, a Corsair, a Super Chipmunk and a Cub.  The Chippy and Cub are definite Spring planes, the Chippy is nearly done, just need to finish up some painting and setup the wing servos. The Cub is nearly ready for covering.  The Corsair is not even close to being done yet, still have the firewall to assemble and the wing flaps, ailerons and tips to do before I can do any glass work on it.  The P-51 I finally got the wheel doors synchronized and working on the wing. I can finally after 3 years move on and get it under glass. 

One of those planes will get a camera on it, not sure which one yet, I might make the canopy removable on the Chippy and install a camera in that, I can also put one in the Cub since it has a working cabin door.  I could mount a lipstick camera on a bomb rack on the P-51 or Corsair.   I would love to put on in my 4*120, but I would have to get a new canopy and make it removable.  That reminds me, I need to get a few more lost plane finders, need at least 5 more of them. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·