ny2oc1996

Worst car in the world is...

Part of the reason Flex sales are low is they DONT advertise it! Once someone gets past the outer looks of it and actually gets in and drives it, totally different outcome. It is surprisingly roomy inside, handles very well and is very versatile, and its Ford's fault it isnt selling well. I heard they dont push it because they cant make enough of them, so who knows. Try finding one on a dealers lot, very few of them available, and usually they are either the low end SE, or loaded up Limited, and they also pulled the Ecoboost SEL model.

As far as the ranking, if the major complaints are regarding the ability to use the MFT, due to being confusing, and the learning curve, and not due to reliability or mechanical issues, then that ranking is not well deserved. Its the same story with CR with these cars, they get low balled because people have a hard time learning new things, and the glitches the system has. I do think Ford screwed up releasing it in so many cars before it was fully functional, the old system worked so much better, never had a problem with it in the Fusion or F150.

Very sad to hear. I hope they get the quality issues figure out soon. Both the FFH & C-Max seem to have a lot of build quality issues

Well if a good chunk of those reported issues are related to MFT, then otherwise the rest falls into place as pretty normal, doesn't it?

On the Fusion build issues, maybe running a steady stream of max (or more) plant capacity is a factor there, as I noted months ago how the rubber stripping was not properly installed on either side of my pax doors - which seems to be as a simple human error. Nope it shouldn't happen, but my thinking is that the higher the pace, the easier it is to overlook small things.

Ford has by far the highest industry % take rate on the "high-tech" systems is MFT. If you actually look closely at the numbers, you see that other manufacturers have very similar complaint levels on their MFT equivalent systems. Cadilac's CUE and Acura's new system actually have more compaints per user than Ford's MFT. The problem for Ford is that such a high percentage of their sales now have MFT, that it brings the overall average down. As other OEMs start selling more and more high-tech systems, their numbers will drop down to where Ford currently is or below.

In a way though, this will work out in Fords benefit as the others get more out in theirs, by then Ford will have the bugs worked out and will be at the top then in the tech side, with the rest playing catch up. Another factor is the human factor. What Ford engineers might think of as simple and easy to use, can be quite the opposite when it comes to what we call "Layer 8" ( IT people who understand the 7 Layers of IP will get this one) users who have a hard time using a microwave to boil water. So in a sense we the consumer help Ford make a better system by using it and bitching about how this doesn't work, or this is a pain to use, etc.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Actually I am going to throw out another point of view. JD Power has been know to play "politics" with their ratings. I have read multiple of articles over the last few years about their political slant on their findings. Either way you look at the article, it seems slanted to me. I am NOT going to comment or debate my interpretation, but just be advised from an opinionated old cowboy that not all thing are as good, or as bad, as the press sometimes presents. There are lots of reasons to slant news, or opinions in these articles. I see one in this .... :)

JMHO

Um yeah, news these days, cant believe a word they say anymore. Journalism is dead, money talks, BS walks as they say.

The one issue I do have with MFT is not being able to access certain screens unless you are at the home screen. If I want to go to Info or Settings and in Entertainment, I should be able to, but it doesn't allow it.

My other gripe is with my Flex. the CD/DVD eject touch button is in such a place that I am always touching it when using the MFT, and have to wait for the stupid, No CD splash to go away. Both MFT's are the same, only the FFH has the Hybrid screen in addition to the rest.

On the Hybrid Screen, with all this tech behind it, you would think they would have at least a couple other screens like the 2010 had, where you can also see your MPG graph as well as charge levels and instant. Would be great to have it there as well as the left panel on the dash. You could then have all the information there at a glance instead of switching between screens on the steering wheel.

I agree. If the 2013 had offered this kind of information on the center screen we would have paid the extra money to get the center touch screen and MFT

Though it might not help you any, there is always the possibility Ford will listen and add it in the next update. They added this screen with the 3.5.1 update, the previous one had no Hybrid screen.

I agree. If the 2013 had offered this kind of information on the center screen we would have paid the extra money to get the center touch screen and MFT

Though it might not help you any, there is always the possibility Ford will listen and add it in the next update. They added this screen with the 3.5.1 update, the previous one had no Hybrid screen.

MFT has its flaws.

The buttons are small and hard to hit at times.

The Climate system can be difficult to just turn on the fan only and direct to my feet and mid body vents.

Fat fingers, I guess.

And the super touch sensitive console buttons has had me turn on some SUPER HOT heater/defroster feature a few times.

When all I wanted to do was change to the Entertainment screen.

Love the car.

Bigger touch screen buttons for a option or upgrade would be great.

But, Many console buttons is not the future.

Yesterday, I was at the Apple store. My son kept sticking his fingers on all the screens.

Till he realized that iMac's and MacBooks screens are not touch sensitive.

It was a deal killer. Immediately.

Change is not always smooth. Ask Windows 8.