fusionTX

Fusion Pet Peeves

I have 2 peeves on my Fusion, the first, the Titanium seat is not nearly as comfortable as the SE Luxury, and the second, and I am sure a lot will agree, the engine drone is horrible, but all the hybrids are like this, so You get what you get. At least with the windows up it isnt so grumbling, but I drive with them down a lot so it gets monotonous.

I can fix the seat, someday someone will wreck an MKZ or SE Luxury and I can get the seat, or get the seat cushion and leather cover and just swap it out, cant do anything with that engine drone though.

But, wont give it up for anything now, Great car and love driving it. The Sony system is great, love rocking it and driving it.

Well at least it doesnt sound like it has a Fart can attached to it. It actually sounds more like an old window unit air conditioner we used to have.

I found a CA I really like, not because of the glue, but because of the bottle. Mercury Glue has a bottle whose cap has a pin in it to keep the tip clean. I have been getting an 8oz bottle of glue and just refilling this one bottle.

For us, it's when you turn on the seat warmers or environment controls - they come on full blast and have to be hit several times to turn down the heat or turn down the fan. We both find this extremely annoying.

I agree, anyone know if they reversed this to act normally? Meaning you turn it up rather than down when turning them on? This was annoying on the test drive car, I thought maybe the previous test driver had just left it set on high. So, I'm hoping they adjust the software to do just the opposite or better, have it remember where it was set last and/or something like seat memory, let you pre-set it based on who is driving or something like that. Full blast might be common setting, but its not ideal to force it to always start full blast, medium maybe, but not full blast.

I agree on the steering wheel issue. the opening is too small and to add injury to insult, the inside edges are sharp such that it's uncomfortable. When the weather clears here, I may be hitting it with a grinder. Agree on the center console. I had a newer Doge something that had the same setup and it slid forward almost 8 extra inches. What's really pissing me off is the MyFordTouch/Snyc/Navigation/Voice control component system. It has the worst UI I've ever experienced in a car computer. Not well thought out and buggy. I hope to write a detailed review on it when I'm less irritated. I have the cracking noise everyone else is bitching about and I also have a very loud clanking near the passenger side shoulder harness. I suspect it's that little rod in the door column that locks the shoulder belt in place when the forward momentum changes. Reminds me of clicking of the ball-bearings in the Cain Mutiny. Love the car though.

My daughter said the same thing about the steering wheel leather wrapping had way to sharp of edges and I agree, they need to address that, kind of silly to need an aftermarket rubber wrap from your local car shop to make something as simple as the steering wheel more comfortable.

Love the car, but my pet peeves are:

- glossy area around drink holders gets scratched up easily.

- touchscreen at too steep an angle so it usually gets glare..

You might try Invisible Shield protective film you can get for iPad's and trim it for the console. I put this on my iPad and it not only prevents scratches (military grade), but it also made it a lot easier to read in board daylight too.