ace8726872

MyFord Touch glitches

Here's a new one for me. It got stuck connecting to my phone. Sat like this for 14 miles, until I shut the car off. It did it again after I restarted the car, phone never did connect.

534031_525028170872655_940884542_n.jpg

I prefer the old ugly version in my 2010 and F150 over the MFT. Yes its pretty, but useless. That makes it pretty useless. Only problem I have with my old system is getting the Iphone to switch to USB after the car is turned on. If I plug it in before starting it works fine, but if I plug it in afterwards, it gets stuck between streaming and USB. Unplugging and plugging back in seems to work best.

I prefer the old ugly version in my 2010 and F150 over the MFT. Yes its pretty, but useless. That makes it pretty useless.

I agree - I wouldn't call MFT useless but I much prefer the way that my 2010 FFH worked. Haven't had the sync'ing issues noted above, I use a 16GB iPod Nano and that has always been fine... but I'm not a big MFT fan otherwise.

I set mine to backup over wireless and not the network, even though I still have that rare unlimited plan. I also used Itunes to sort and load the music I want. There is also a plugin that rewrites the tracking information for the Sync. Since the Fusion has 2 USB ports, another way is to get 2 USB drives, and put his and hers music on them, then you can pick and choose which one to listen to. Pandora is great, but they do have that 40 hour limit, which I hit last week, so couldnt listen all last week. :( Yeah, first day of the month I can listen again.

Oh did not know that. Goes to show how much I use it :) I have my music on so many different drives that losing one would be no loss at all. Backup early, back up often, and some times, oh look what I found!

Yep happened to me a few times when starting the car. Took 5 minutes before the MFT was functional.

So do we think it's just a system crash and the "performing scheduled system maintenance" is just a cover for "critical error, rebooting"

Yep, Fords way of doing a 3 finger salute.

My STUPID System decided to "perfom scheduled maintenance" while I was using NAV in the mountains 5 minutes from my turn. I took the wrong turn, and was 30 minutes late arriving. I was less than pleased. The FFH is pretty good, but I hate the "technology" compared to what I had in my 2012 Dodge Charger R/T. The NAV sucks (Dodge using Garmin), the scheduled mainenance is a Joke, and S-XM does not give access to favorites like the dodge did (with the Dodge, you could pull up your favoites screen and see what was playing and check the sports favorites to tune to any game in your foavorites or just view the score.).

It is getting to the point, the only time I love my FFH is at the gas pump.

Fixed both, used a TomTom, and Pandora. Problem solved.

So I was driving on the highway yesterday when all of the sudden the MFT screen went black. The radio still played but the screen was completely black. This went on for what felt like a minute or two and then a big "SYNC" logo appeared on screen and a message underneath with a progress bar that said "performing scheduled system maintenance". I'm assuming this was a system crash and that's sync's way of making the crash look like it's something that was planned. Anyone else have this issue?

This happened to me today. At first I saw the familiar windows error box show for a few seconds, then the dreaded black screen of death. After a few minutes all was well again. The only thing I had done different today was I connected my iPad to the MLT for the first time. Hmmm. I know Apple and Windows don't get along, but come on! :victory: