Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Nissan Altima

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I came very close to buying the Altima since it was available when I was ready to buy. For those considering it, check out the Consumer Reviews for the Altima and FFH on Edmunds. It makes choosing the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid a no brainer.

http://www.edmunds.c....html?sub=sedan

And add this latest recall problem:

http://www.autoweek....RNEWS/130319875

Edited by B25Nut, 15 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

• GrySql likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cwb1183

cwb1183

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FUSION HYBRID TITANIUM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

I see fynack made his mark here as well.

Hybrid Titanium
White Platinum
Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise
Driver Assist
Navigation
cargo net

Ordered: October 30, 2012

To be Scheduled:3-18-13

VIN:3FA6P0RU3DR278916.

Window sticker: 3-15-13

Build day: 3-23-13
Built: 3-22-13
ETA: 4/12/13

Received 4-11-13

#3 OFFLINE   tombarker13ffh

tombarker13ffh

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 250 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2012 Ford Escape

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

I decided i liked the new altimas but i think that was only because they took on stylings of the 350/370Z. I love the looks of the nizmos but Id never buy one over a Mustang..

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid in Oxford White

2012 Ford Escape FWD (Wife's)

185651.png

#4 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

New Altimas look good and I did consider them briefly before I test drove the FFH. The Altimas have impressive MPG numbers for a non-hybrid. Didn't like the engine noise one bit!

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver Metallic

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#5 OFFLINE   Fynack

Fynack

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 167 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I came very close to buying the Altima since it was available when I was ready to buy. For those considering it, check out the Consumer Reviews for the Altima and FFH on Edmunds. It makes choosing the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid a no brainer.

And add this latest recall problem:

http://www.autoweek....RNEWS/130319875

Your comparing a non-hybrid to hybrid.  Not that i like the altima but their not even in the same category. As for recalls, the fusion had two so far.

http://www.cars.com/...n/2013/recalls/

Something more fair would be

Edited by Fynack, 03 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Fynack

Fynack

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 167 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

or 

I would chosen the optima since its much cheaper and would have achieved the same MPG.

#7 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

I was lucky enough to be part of the Car & Driver Editor for the Day event in Miami last year, and got to drive back-to-back the Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, and Nissan Altima. Not only did I like the Fusion the best (this is what cemented my decision to get the Hybrid version), but everyone in my group voted the Altima as the worst vehicle in the bunch. This was based on interior build quality, emergency handling, and overall comfort. Our Altima actually was making creaking and groaning noises on all of the emergency maneuvers. One of the team leaders told us that one of the Altimas earlier in the day actually broke down and had to be taken out of the testing!

My personal opinion at the end of the day was that the Toyota Camry was characteristically boring, and the quality of the interior has diminished in the current model; the Hyundai Sonata, while a nice looking car, felt dated and harsh; the Honda Accord was comfortable and nicely built, but was incredibly loud; and the Fusion was quiet, comfortable, handled well, and was the best looking vehicle in the bunch.

• acdii and B25Nut like this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#8 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

On the Camry, they did improve material quality and over all build in the 2012-13 model over the 2009 model I had. The 13 is a much nicer car than the 09 was, BUT its still BoRiNg!  Its a vanilla run of the mill, Taxi Cab, much like the Crown Vic in its heyday. 

• HenryVIII likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#9 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

The styling of the Sonata has been hot and cold for me. Some days I like it, others I don't. One of my first impressions of it was passing a black Sonata at night on the freeway. I thought it had been in an accident, since the sculpting on the side was so extreme, they appeared to be dents. No matter what angle I view the FFH from, I like it. The direct rear view, while good, is probably the Fusion's weakest.

#10 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

On the Camry, they did improve material quality and over all build in the 2012-13 model over the 2009 model I had. The 13 is a much nicer car than the 09 was, BUT its still BoRiNg!  Its a vanilla run of the mill, Taxi Cab, much like the Crown Vic in its heyday. 

Before buying the Fusion, I test drove a Camry Hybrid, and what struck me so negatively about the interior was the plastic material used on the console. I don't know if it is supposed to resemble wood, but it was the cheesiest looking material I've ever seen. I asked the salesman if I could see a top-of-the-line model to compare the materials, and he said this car WAS the top-of-the-line! At least Ford uses an attractive and high quality looking black glossy veneer. The Camry also had the funkiest seat fabric designs I'd ever seen. My honest opinion was that I didn't think I could get up every morning and face that interior as I drove to work! 

• acdii likes this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#11 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

You should have seen the 09! The 13 is hands down much better! :)   If the 09 was as good as the 13 is, I would probably still be driving it. I hated the 09, cheap was an understatement. The Fusion felt like a Lexus compared to that Camry.   To tell how close I was to flipping to the 13 Camry from the Fusion, if it wasnt for the lack of adaptive cruise, cross traffic, and auto highbeams, I would have ditched the Fusion for the Camry XLE.   Its a Vanilla car, but it drove well, handled much better than the old one, and my 2010, and has a decent stereo, and it was comfortable.  However, it does have a tighter back seat than the Fusion. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#12 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

The styling of the Sonata has been hot and cold for me. Some days I like it, others I don't. One of my first impressions of it was passing a black Sonata at night on the freeway. I thought it had been in an accident, since the sculpting on the side was so extreme, they appeared to be dents. No matter what angle I view the FFH from, I like it. The direct rear view, while good, is probably the Fusion's weakest.

I agree that the direct rear view is the worst angle of our cars. Every front angle looks awesome

Before buying the Fusion, I test drove a Camry Hybrid, and what struck me so negatively about the interior was the plastic material used on the console. I don't know if it is supposed to resemble wood, but it was the cheesiest looking material I've ever seen. I asked the salesman if I could see a top-of-the-line model to compare the materials, and he said this car WAS the top-of-the-line! At least Ford uses an attractive and high quality looking black glossy veneer. The Camry also had the funkiest seat fabric designs I'd ever seen. My honest opinion was that I didn't think I could get up every morning and face that interior as I drove to work! 

Agreed! We didn't like the TCH interior. Everything was so cheap

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#13 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I came very close to buying the 2013 Altima. But one review of it had a big impact on me. The tester liked the Altima, but he said (I think this also applies to the Camry and Accord)if you buy the Altima, "you are telling the world you have given up".

#14 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

"I've Given Up"

• aaronj1159 and corncobs like this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#15 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

I rented a 4 cylinder 2013 Altima for a week when I was having a dent fixed on my Genesis. My thoughts were that it was a very solid structure for a lighter car, and it got fantastic mileage for a non-hybrid. The engine though was just too unrefined for my taste.  The Altima does have one thing going for it though- it's got ASTONISHING range. It's the first time I've ever gotten more than 600 miles to a tank of gas.  And at typical (for Texas anyway) highway speeds of 75, it would probably give the FFH a run for its money.  Now if only I could have gotten over that engine.

Edited by Aquineas, 19 May 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Bordeaux Reserve Ford Fusion Titanium ordered 5/6/2013, Window Sticker 6/22/2013, Built 6/28/2013, Delivered 7/12/2013.

I'd rather you tell me something I already know 1,000 times, than not tell me something I don't know once.

#16 OFFLINE   revelated

revelated

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I rented a 4 cylinder 2013 Altima for a week when I was having a dent fixed on my Genesis. My thoughts were that it was a very solid structure for a lighter car, and it got fantastic mileage for a non-hybrid. The engine though was just too unrefined for my taste.  The Altima does have one thing going for it though- it's got ASTONISHING range. It's the first time I've ever gotten more than 600 miles to a tank of gas.  And at typical (for Texas anyway) highway speeds of 75, it would probably give the FFH a run for its money.  Now if only I could have gotten over that engine.

Only on a flat stretch of road.  That's the only time the Alti would come close to the Fusion Hybrid.  In every other condition, the Hybrid would dance circles around it on its WORST day.

Traded my 2011 Alti for my Hybrid Titanium.  In California the Alti was lucky to get 23MPG.  Here in Washington, just shy of 25MPG.  Better but not great.  The most impressive feat was driving from north San Diego all the way to Phoenix Arizona and still having a half tank of gas showing.  Mind, that's over 350 miles and a quarter of it is steep mountain, high winds and sometimes icy roads.  But the only real reason it can achieve such a feat is the size of the gas tank (20 gallons).  It wouldn't come anywhere near the Fusion Hybrid if it had the piddly 13.5 gallon tank.

The Alti also had questionable suspension, fragile body, and was too easily blown around by high winds.  It also sucked in snow and swallowed on icy roads.  Sounded like a tractor when it was super cold, the engine didn't like it at all, at least on the 2.5.  Seats way too slippery and flat, things/people sliding around.  Pinging noise from the engine (2011), not gas related, even if you use 89 it still did it.  Weird hazing on the inside of the windshield.

Where the Alti surpasses the Fusion:

- Obscene trunk space, I've fit four large crates in there with clothes and other stuff in the trunk alone.  Fold down the seat, you can do desks, tables, large TVs, etc.

- Obscene glove box space, I think you can fit a small dog in there (not that I've tried).

- Push button STANDARD on the Alti models unlike Ford with their Titanium cash grab

- Excellent quality brakes, my 2009 Alti never needed pads or any brake rotor service in the two years I owned it, same with the 2011.

- Obscene gas tank size

- Way easier to access/upgrade components i.e. bulbs

All told I'm happy with the trade, though there are things that irritate me about the Fusion and Ford.  The Hybrid Titanium is a better overall car.

#17 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

Only on a flat stretch of road.  That's the only time the Alti would come close to the Fusion Hybrid.  In every other condition, the Hybrid would dance circles around it on its WORST day.

Traded my 2011 Alti for my Hybrid Titanium.  In California the Alti was lucky to get 23MPG.  Here in Washington, just shy of 25MPG.  Better but not great.  The most impressive feat was driving from north San Diego all the way to Phoenix Arizona and still having a half tank of gas showing.  Mind, that's over 350 miles and a quarter of it is steep mountain, high winds and sometimes icy roads.  But the only real reason it can achieve such a feat is the size of the gas tank (20 gallons).  It wouldn't come anywhere near the Fusion Hybrid if it had the piddly 13.5 gallon tank.

The Alti also had questionable suspension, fragile body, and was too easily blown around by high winds.  It also sucked in snow and swallowed on icy roads.  Sounded like a tractor when it was super cold, the engine didn't like it at all, at least on the 2.5.  Seats way too slippery and flat, things/people sliding around.  Pinging noise from the engine (2011), not gas related, even if you use 89 it still did it.  Weird hazing on the inside of the windshield.

- Obscene trunk space, I've fit four large crates in there with clothes and other stuff in the trunk alone.  Fold down the seat, you can do desks, tables, large TVs, etc.

- Obscene glove box space, I think you can fit a small dog in there (not that I've tried).

- Push button STANDARD on the Alti models unlike Ford with their Titanium cash grab

- Excellent quality brakes, my 2009 Alti never needed pads or any brake rotor service in the two years I owned it, same with the 2011.

- Obscene gas tank size

All told I'm happy with the trade, though there are things that irritate me about the Fusion and Ford.  The Hybrid Titanium is a better overall car.

I can't speak for the FFH yet as I've yet to take delivery, but if the reports by others here are to believed, people are getting about 36-37mpg at a highway speed of 75, which, is actually less than the Altima.  Obviously I don't want an Altima otherwise I wouldn't be waiting ~10 weeks for a Fusion, but living in the Houston area highways are a big deal for me. If the engine on the Altima didn't sound so agricultural, then it might make it a more formidable competitor. Incidentally I too am a former Altima owner, though mine was a 2003 V6 stick. That was one fun car!

Bordeaux Reserve Ford Fusion Titanium ordered 5/6/2013, Window Sticker 6/22/2013, Built 6/28/2013, Delivered 7/12/2013.

I'd rather you tell me something I already know 1,000 times, than not tell me something I don't know once.

#18 OFFLINE   revelated

revelated

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

I can't speak for the FFH yet as I've yet to take delivery, but if the reports by others here are to believed, people are getting about 36-37mpg at a highway speed of 75, which, is actually less than the Altima.  Obviously I don't want an Altima otherwise I wouldn't be waiting ~10 weeks for a Fusion, but living in the Houston area highways are a big deal for me. If the engine on the Altima didn't sound so agricultural, then it might make it a more formidable competitor. Incidentally I too am a former Altima owner, though mine was a 2003 V6 stick. That was one fun car!

But my point is that it's only less because the Altima has a larger gas tank by far.  Even larger than the gas Fusion.  It's not an equal comparison.  Give the Altima the gas Fusion's tank, and the gas Fusion will outdo the 2.5 Alti trim.

I will say, if you're longer on the high speed highway, I don't think the Hybrid is the right choice in any case.  I'm curious why you skipped the gas Titanium as it would have likely exceeded your expectations.

#19 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

- Obscene gas tank size

Isn't the 2013 Altima a redesign though? At least in a lot of aspects. I know the EPA rating went up for the '13s over its predecessors. 

#20 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

But my point is that it's only less because the Altima has a larger gas tank by far.  Even larger than the gas Fusion.  It's not an equal comparison.  Give the Altima the gas Fusion's tank, and the gas Fusion will outdo the 2.5 Alti trim.

I will say, if you're longer on the high speed highway, I don't think the Hybrid is the right choice in any case.  I'm curious why you skipped the gas Titanium as it would have likely exceeded your expectations.

Your point addresses the range, not the mileage.  As for reasons for not getting the gasoline Titanium, the major road that my wife and I need to access to get to the  interstate has a speed limit of 55mph, and it's at least 10 miles to the interstate. That's perfect for a hybrid. That being said, I'd say 70 percent of her driving will be on local roads or the road I mentioned.  Hybrid for the win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·