RedLdr1

Bought A Fusion SE Hybrid To Keep Our C-Max SEL Company....

Removing tint isnt very hard, it peels off, and you use an ammonia based window cleaner to remove the adhesive.

I just priced out a C-Max that has close to the same options as my FFH. The C-Max is about $1,300 less and comes with the Sony Audio. Since you have both the C-Max and the FFH, what do you feel are the advantages one has over the other? Personally, I think the FFH is well worth the extra money. I didn't even consider the C-Max due to its looks.

I feel the lower than EPA MPG issues will affect the sales of the C-Max far more than the FFH. Driving a great looking car can make other issues feel less significant.

I tried out both before buying, the Cmax has some advantages over the FFH in room, but disadvantages are the minivanish feeling, and some of the ergonomics just didnt feel right to me. It handles well, and drives about the same. If you dont mind driving something that feel like a minivan, they are good cars.

Well actually we bought the Fusion because my wife really likes the car... :) And we both really like the gas mileage our C-Max is getting! Our new SE is White Platinum Metallic with a Dune Leather interior. It is a fairly well "loaded" one with the 505A Luxury Equipment Group, Drivers Assistance Package, Navigation, Hybrid Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Sunroof, and 18"Luxury Wheels. The SE has more high tech electronic "toys" than the Taurus SHO :peelout: it replaced...but just half the horsepower though...cry.gif Hmm, half the horsepower and twice the MPG...there just may be a correlation in there somewhere... :)

Our C-Max was one of the ones with the infamous 12V battery problem but that has been sucessfully repaired and we have had no other issues in the last 5,000 miles... :) I hope the SE works out as well as the C-Max has so far as it is a very nice car that we both enjoy driving....

Here is a photo of our SE sitting in the driveway letting the window tinting dry out. As you can see I have a nice steep driveway connecting to a steep downhill road... At least it gives me a good "roll out" in the mornings and I can usually EV back up it coming home...:D

2013 Fusion SE

How would you compare the handling of the C-Max vs Fusion?

I did 5% on my Flex, but only the two back windows so that it makes it more difficult to see IN. When I have some of my RC gear back there, I dont want it to be seen. The rest I left at factory. I did have all the rear windows at 5%, and it looked COOL, but took it all off the passenger doors, dont need the hassle. It was either that, or throw it out since it got wrinkled from sitting around for years.

But back on Topic, Noticed your max and FFH are close to each other in MPG. Which one do you like better?

:) I figured as much, it was a toss up when we bought the Fusion as the Cmax was a good deal less expensive, but the Fusion was just so much nicer. Had I known though that it would be a nightmare, the Cmax would have been better in the long run. I learned, next time pay better attention to the MPG readout on the test drive! The Ruby Red Cmax we drove returned over 38, the Fusion 34 on the same drive, same day, driven the same way.