I didnt want to hide that awesome grill work behind cardboard or some other type of covering, so I went out and got a $34 sheet of clear plastic, about 1/8" thick. Took a piece of paper and taped it to the nose, traced out the grill opening, then went about trimming it to fit. I then traced it onto the plastic and spent about an hour cutting it out with my Dremel. Did some final shaping, sanding and marked where to drill for the cable ties. Now if I can locate clear ties, it would be perfect. I then fitted it to the grill marked where the grill bends in, then heated up the plastic and bent it inward to match.
I left the lower opening as is for now, I want to see if it makes any difference covering the main grill. If I see a big improvement, I will leave it, if I see some improvement I will cover it too.
From the 36" x 48" sheet I can make at least 2 sets. Now to get the plastic out of my hair, my clothes, the floor, the cat.....