Sign in to follow this  
okaydave

white platinum paint

It costs more because of the extra steps needed to lay the paint. It's a 3 step process, same for Ruby Red. Base coat is laid, then the pearl coat, followed by the clear coat. The other colors are base coat/clear coat. The middle step slow production which is why the additional cost.

Is it worth it? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the color, then yes, if you dont, well then no. I like the Ruby Red color, but prefer blue. IOW I wont pay extra for it when there is another color I like just as much.

One thing to consider when you do get these paints, repairs will also cost more, and unless the painter is really good, and most aren't, any repair panel will stand out. The blend has to be perfect, or the pearl will lay incorrectly and reflect light the wrong way. The Grand Marquis in my Sig uses a black pearl base coat, and there is one very small section where the film is either thicker or thinner than the rest and I can see it, most people wont because of where it is, but I know, and it catches my eye every time.

That is a plus for the lighter colors. Funny though even with a coat of salt on my Blue Fusion, it still sparkles. It wont once it dries though.

Now click the cars together and say, there's no place like Ford

Its a personal thing with the color, If you like it, its worth it, if you dont, then its a waste. They only cost more because of the extra steps needed to make them look like they do, and they DO look nice.