Sign in to follow this  
pers69

Swap tires - Goodyear Eagle LS2s to Michelin Primacy MXM4s vs Conti PureContact

One other member on this forum has the Conti's and is getting good MPG. You wont recoup the cost of the Primacy though.

If you go with a rim set, you can get 17's and Michelin Energy Saver A/S which are the best LRR for the Hybrids. They gain as much as 3 MPG over the others. Those are lined up as my next set for my 2010.

As far as the LS-2, the verdict is still out on them, as I am seeing others with those tires achieving decent MPG returns. I gave it a lot of thought and decided it wont be worth the cost of replacing the tires, even for a 10 MPG return, wouldn't pay off before they wear out, but when the OE tires wear out, then its more cost effective.

They handle well in snow and rain and give the car a nice stable ride, so not sure what the negatives are yet. According to Goodyear, they are LRR tires. Time will tell.

I got blocked from posting comments on the Ford Fusion FB page, I guess I hit a nerve, or was having an affect.

I wasn't being rude or anything, just telling the truth and presenting facts so others can be aware of the Hybrid issue. It was more to get CS involved than anything, but then they ticked me off telling me the car is fine, when I know it isn't.

So far from what other owners are reporting, these tires have little impact on MPG, so it does appear they do have low rolling resistance as claimed by Goodyear. That is a relief to me, and considering the fouled plugs, pretty much confirms it was not the tires giving me poor MPG.

I have to admit, the LS2 tires are pretty darn good. They handle well, and snow and ice traction has been very good. It was icy today and the car handled very well. It slid a bit but with careful manipulation it still had enough traction to keep from going off the road.

I will gladly trade a 1-2 MPG penalty for handling, and giving it serious consideration as the next tire on my 10 FFH.