Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

annoying noise in dash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   colangeloj

colangeloj

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

I have a 2010 Fusion Sport and it has had no issues until last week. Whenever the heat is on I hear a ticking sound coming from the dash. It almost sounds like water dripping. The lower the heat is on the wrose it gets. If I blast the heat it goes away. It is supper annoying and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The car is under warranty so I will probably just take it in. I would love to just fix it myself and not let the hacks at the dealership start ripping off interior panels. Joe

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   DjTim21

DjTim21

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I have a 2010 Fusion Sport and it has had no issues until last week. Whenever the heat is on I hear a ticking sound coming from the dash. It almost sounds like water dripping. The lower the heat is on the wrose it gets. If I blast the heat it goes away. It is supper annoying and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The car is under warranty so I will probably just take it in. I would love to just fix it myself and not let the hacks at the dealership start ripping off interior panels. Joe

I currently have the same issue on my 2011 SE. It sounds like the blower motor is going (had one fail on my 1999 Jeep). I'm also under warranty, so I'll be bringing it in soon. It's just annoying and I haven't had time to get to the dealer.

#3 OFFLINE   cos3818

cos3818

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I have an 08 SEL and I have been through two blower motors. Might be an ongoing problem. Sometimes you may find they make a chirping noise also. Take it back to the dealer. After they order the new motor it is about a ten minute process to swap. Not a big deal. Maybe the new ones are better.

#4 OFFLINE   Larryh86GT

Larryh86GT

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fusion l4 SE Automatic

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

I've heard this might be an ongoing problem with the heater fans. I'd let the dealer fix it under the warranty .

Larry
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   MTLFusion2010

MTLFusion2010

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi,
I have a clicking sound coming somewhere from the dash but it sounds closer to the windshield when the car drives over uneven pavement (especially when the passenger side wheels go over a bump or when the driver side wheels go into a pothole.
I started hearing it more often now that the temperature is extremely cold. The sound starts appearing a few minutes after leaving the relatively warm underground parking.
Since I keep my climate control on Auto, air is directed to the windshield defogger. I suspect this hot air with cold outside temperature cause some parts to expand and others to contract creating loose fittings.
I am currently looking for an automotive stethoscope to try to pinpoint the source. If anybody already figured it out, please save me the trouble and post :)
Cheers..

#6 OFFLINE   dabige

dabige

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

Hi,
I have a clicking sound coming somewhere from the dash but it sounds closer to the windshield when the car drives over uneven pavement (especially when the passenger side wheels go over a bump or when the driver side wheels go into a pothole.
I started hearing it more often now that the temperature is extremely cold. The sound starts appearing a few minutes after leaving the relatively warm underground parking.
Since I keep my climate control on Auto, air is directed to the windshield defogger. I suspect this hot air with cold outside temperature cause some parts to expand and others to contract creating loose fittings.
I am currently looking for an automotive stethoscope to try to pinpoint the source. If anybody already figured it out, please save me the trouble and post :)
Cheers..

I have heard that same sound too, especially when the outside temp is 25 or lower. It seemed to temporarily go away if I pushed down on the front of the dash---where it meets the windshield. It seemed to go away for "good" once the car reached normal operating temperatures. I'd be interested to know if there's a solution (except for waiting for warmer weather) as well.
  • genomarsh likes this
Eric

2010 Ford Fusion SE, 2.5L I-4, FWD
  • Built April 23, 2010 | Delivered May 24, 2010
  • Brilliant Silver Metallic ext. | Medium Light Stone int.
  • Rapid Spec 201A
  • Reverse Sensing System

"Like Frankie said: 'I did it my way'."

#7 OFFLINE   genomarsh

genomarsh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Fusion SEL

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

I have heard that same sound too, especially when the outside temp is 25 or lower. It seemed to temporarily go away if I pushed down on the front of the dash---where it meets the windshield. It seemed to go away for "good" once the car reached normal operating temperatures. I'd be interested to know if there's a solution (except for waiting for warmer weather) as well.

I've also experienced the same problem. I've owned my 2011 Fusion SEL for about two weeks now and live in MN where the temps are cold! I never had the problem the first two weeks and then yesterday the car started making the noise you both describe. I also had this problem with my 2007 Camry. I plan on contacting the dealer to see if there is a fix our if it is just a down side to the suppliers product. If you figure it out, let me know! Thanks!

#8 OFFLINE   LSMITH128

LSMITH128

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:FORD FUSION HYBRID

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

[size="2"][/size]I have an annoying sound in the dash of my 2010 Hybrid. I don't remember hearing it on the way home on Friday-altough it was Friday and the radio might have been a bit loud. On Sunday when I got in the car it sounds as if there is a nut rolling around in there. I tought it was up near the windshielde but, then recognized that this might only be where the sound is escaping the dash through the defrost vents and the problem could be anywhere inside the dash. It does not seem to be related to the temp system as it does not matter if the fan is on or not. It does not seem to be as bad at lower speeds but, that might be because it occurs when I cross RR tracks of hit a pothole. I have attempted to get the vehicle at a high rate of speed and suddenly apply brakes thinking that if it is something rolling around it would do it again. It does not! I am seriously wondering if a varmit has hidden an acorn inside the dash of my car. It isn't unusual to find corn, straw, etc in the dash boards of autos out here in the country.

The most recent work on the car involved having all four tires changed. This was done about a week ago. Surely this could not have anything to do with the air pressure sensors and something being lose, could it?

#9 OFFLINE   makuloco2000

makuloco2000

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well when its outta warranty here is my video on how to change that blower motor out yourself.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mBh1k6Fjy6k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·