Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 FFH Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

I know there was a prior thread about FFH entering "Deep Sleep" Mode, but I can't locate it now. If you have a 2017 FFH, please be aware of this!

I got my 2017 FFH Platinum in December 2016, current mileage about 9100 miles. In early June, I went out to my car to find it completely dead. I used Roadside Assistance to jump start it, and I brought it back to the dealer, who replaced the battery. Guess what? Two days later, the same thing happened. They kept the car for SIX days, and said they tested everything and couldn't find anything wrong.

On June 16th, when I got into the car, the display screen said "System Off to Save Battery" (see first picture attached). In addition to this, I also realized that since the original dead battery, my fuel economy has dropped from 42-44mpg to 35-36mpg. I brought it into the dealer again, and again, they said they ran every diagnostic and couldn't find anything wrong. Everything was great for a couple of weeks, the on July 6th, I got a FordPass message that the car had entered Deep Sleep Mode (see second picture attached). It explained this is supposed to happen if the car is left idle for more than 14 days. I knew something was wrong, since I use the car pretty much every day. I went out to the car and found it completely dead. 

I called Roadside Assistance again, and this time, I asked them to tow the car to the dealership so they could see the condition before the battery was jump started. They kept the car overnight, and found the problem. I'm not a mechanic, and I don't fully understand how the hybrid systems work, so forgive me if I don't explain this exactly correctly. My service advisor told me that about 5 amps were being drawn, where the norm is 0.5 amps. Then he told me that there was a Ford TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) regarding this problem. 

My Repair Order Detail said, "Tested and recharged battery, found that battery was good and found that there was a TSB SSM4633 SSM46433 - 23017 Fusion/MKZ battery discharge - some 2017 Fusion and MKZ vehicles built on or before Dec 23, 2016 may exhibit a discharged battery." So far, so good since I got it back, hopefully this will be the fix it needs. 

Attached Files

Edited by djminfll, 08 July 2017 - 10:17 PM.

• Timewellspent likes this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 134 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

There are discussions all over the web about this.

There is a 58 post deep discussion here. Included lemon law FFH story. I believe this problem is due to a drain involving the CD Player constantly turning on to see if a disc is present.  This affects many 2017 models and is being discussed everywhere.
Deep Sleep Mode Activated.

There is another thread where 2017 FFH (I believe mostly Platinum or loaded Titanium trim models) are being delivered with bad batteries.  The replacement battery should be installed by a Ford tech certified in Hybrid or Energi if possible (there is a special "marriage" procedure a tech told me about to replace a battery in a hybrid/electric 2017 (only ?) Fusion).
2017 Fusion Energi Dead Battery Issues - FFH

How is window 1 touch up/down doing?
Windows (1 Up/Down)

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 09 July 2017 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·