Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Brilliant light flash

Lights electrical SD Card navigation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Yesterday at 5:30am when I started my 2015 FFH/43Kmiles, I saw all lights flash brilliantly - outside front, rear and cockpit screens.  I thought I was seeing things because the car rolled out of the garage the same as always.  After a 10 mile drive and sitting in the sun at 100 degrees, I started back home.  The first 5 miles was unusual then the Nav screen said that the SD card was unreadable.  I disengaged it and then pushed it in again and - no joy and no nav was available.  I tried cycling the SD card installation again when I got home and was parked in the garage.  No joy.  I planned to take it in today.  Prior to starting I took the SD card out but there was nothing out of the ordinary with the card.  I reinstalled it and pushed the start button - surprise, the FFH did not give me any warnings.  Nav was back and all displays were normal.  I am loathe to ask a dealer to troubleshoot without a message.   

Anyone have a similar occurrence - momentary brilliant light followed by a SD card read issue later.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

This appears to be a fault with the SD card when the vehicle is heat-soaked (over 100 degrees F).  The SD card was unable to be read, but after cooling the car, the SD card 'fault' went away and navigation returned to normal.  Have not tried to get a new SD card.

Don't know what the bright flash was originally.  Hasn't happened again (maybe it was my eyes???)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lights, electrical, SD Card, navigation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·