Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Wrench light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ORRanger

ORRanger

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

The wrench light on my 2013 hybrid Titanium came on last Friday night.  The drive train shut down and I had to pull over (steering still worked).  I shut off the car, then started again and was able to drive home normally with the wrench light still on.  The next morning, there was no more light and it hasn't returned.

I made an appointment with my dealer's shop to get this checked for error codes, but they called back to say it would be pointless unless the wrench light is on.  But also only if I don't stop and restart the car because they say the stopping and restarting cancels out any information on the computer.

I've never heard of this before.  Does it make sense?  I thought error codes were stored in the computer anytime a trouble light comes on.

I'm also concerned because the car is on the cusp of the end of the warranty.  My worry is that the light will come on again for the same problem just as the odometer kicks over and Ford's off the hook and I'm on it for any repairs.

Is it possible that the wrench code came on when there was no problem?  Some kind of "glitch?"

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   DeeCee

DeeCee

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Don't have an answer to your problem but just a suggestion. You might get a better response to the issue if you would post it in a more relevant section of this forum such as the Fusion Hybrid Powertrain section.

• ORRanger likes this

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Reserve

MKZ Technology package

White Platinum

Cappuccino Leather

#3 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 685 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:32 AM

My suggestion is to save a record of your report to the dealer for future use. I'd probably email them a recounting of what you reported and their response, hopinng to get a reply from them. Then later after your warranty has expired and the problem re-occurs, you have evidence that the problem started during the warranty period and you reported it.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·