Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Throttle Body 2010 FFH

Throttle Body

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Michelle Contreras

Michelle Contreras

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hi

We have experienced the wrench light for a while now with no performance issues, then just a few days ago, it started coming on more often, then we started to have the performance issue along with a check engine light.

We could not go over 40-45 miles an hour, and battery is drained during this time.  Stop the car turn it off, wrench goes off, engine light says on.  Go to accelerate and wrench light comes on again.  During the time, battery doesn't charge well.  Does fine when wrench light is off.

We cleaned the throttle body (was really dirty with lots of carbon buildup), took it out for a test drive, fine (engine light still), drove to the gym (not a pokemon gym...lol) all went well, ran smooth, but halfway back home, wrench light comes on again and car won't go over 45.

I think that the electronics in the throttle body are failing and it's time for a new one.

Anyone else with throttle body issues?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Michelle Contreras

Michelle Contreras

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

Is this a reputable place to order parts from http://www.bluesprin...sion-parts.html

The part number I got is

Part Number: DS7Z9E926D

#3 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,776 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

It sounds like the throttle body is still dirty and the throttle may be sticking.

#4 OFFLINE   Michelle Contreras

Michelle Contreras

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

We purchase a new one through O'Riely auto parts and (My dad works there = discount) paid $98 for the part.  Cleared the PCM codes drove to work today and all seems fine so far.  Got further than we have after we cleaned it.  I just think it needed to be replaced.

#5 OFFLINE   alfonzo27

alfonzo27

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

Not sure it has anything to do with dirt. Guessing the electronics within the throttle body are failing.

This video shows a breakdown of the throttle body. They are the same throttle body as other non-hybrid fusions.

https://www.youtube....h?v=FDpUo3UPmto

I replaced mine in about ten minutes and $100 part from ford.

#6 OFFLINE   alfonzo27

alfonzo27

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

After replacing the throttle body it did not solve my problem of the engine not starting after the hybrid system shut it down during coasting.

I have since replaced the fuel pump module/relay that is in the trunk on the driver side behind the carpet. Ford Part #aa8z9d370b

This is a $65.00 part and takes five minutes to replace. It had zero problems restarting the rest of the 750 mi trip. I will report if problem persists.

Update 9/10/16:   http://fordfusionhyb...highway-speeds/

So far evap purge solenoid valve sticking was causing my stalling/starting problems. View above thread for details.

Edited by alfonzo27, 10 September 2016 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·