mbarrows

Annoying Buzzing Sound in Dashboard

Ah ha! I'm not nuts or alone! I have this too on my 2013 FFH. It comes and goes, sometimes I don't hear

it for days and it's fairly mild, but annoying as heck. Sounds like it's come from inside the dash or behind

the glovebox or something, just where you describe - can't really tell. Amazing that this lives on in the

later year models. Would drive the dealer nuts and waste alot of my time trying to get them to fix it.

The risk of tearing apart the dash isn't worth it. It's definitely something inside (as opposed to just

a lose screw or piece of side plastic).

But today I was wondering if it is indeed coming from the rearview mirror somewhere and projecting downward???

It often sounds like it is coming from a slightly different places and as I leaned toward the mirror today, I thought

it was the culprit.

By the time I hear it and try and grab the spot to see if I can quiet it, it stops and it is very RPM sensitive.

Only at specific speed and RPMs as you say. It sounds like a "metalic cable" - buzzing slightly. We must

all have the same thing going on.

Probably not something we can fix, but stay tuned and if you have any other ideas, speak up.

Not sunglasses, that is easy to spot and fix.

Yep, I confirm this more or less. I took some very thin and small pieces of foam packing, like 2"x3" or so and shoved it in the small

gap on the right side of console opening. The right vertical piece edge aside the console opening. I shoved them in with a putty knife

and this tightened things up a bit. I think we are talking about the same area.

The noise is not 100% gone, but is much better. The noise to me, appears to be highly temperature and definitely speed

related. If you move your body a bit while you grab the thing, that will change it.

How ridiculous this all is...right?

I have the same problem. I've found if I hold on to the middle console arm on the passenger side (does this make any sense?) then it goes away. That arm (there is one on each side of the middle console) that connects the center console up to the stereo area. Hopefully that made sense. But I think it has something to do with that. I am unsure how to make it stop buzzing though, the only way I can make it stop is if I hold onto that arm while it's happening.

It happens only at a certain RPM too just like others have said.